tModLoader Miscellania

Updated to v1.4.3. Yay for bugfixes!
  • Fixed server crash when used with FK's Mod Settings Configurator.
  • Fixed multiplayer issues with Red Chimney/Red Fireplace. (@Kefke)
  • Fixed the "Cell Phone Resprite" config setting being ignored.
Sadly I don't know how to fix the Wormhole Mirrors.

For some reason every single item gets the prefix "sand slab wall," except for items that have a normal prefix. Any idea what's causing this?

From now on, Miscellania (and all my other mods) will be maintained by @Zerokk.

Like I've said before in an earlier post, I'm stepping down from Terraria modding for some time to work on other projects as well as my personal life (which I currently don't have). I may come back eventually, but for now it's better if someone more active in the community continues my work.

The new thread can be found here, this one will be closed soon.

Hey, it's me again.

10 months later, I'm back to Terraria modding, and I have a Miscellania update!
v1.4.5: (a.k.a v1.5)
  • New mod icon:
    0c3R9Mk.png

• Added support for hamstar's Mod Helpers. This is another way of editing config files in-game, and it also allows you to send bug reports more easily.
  • Finally fixed the Wormhole mirrors. However, they don't work like vanilla Wormhole potions, instead they feature a UI in which you select a player to teleport to.
    • The UI is opened by right-clicking a mirror either from your hotbar or in your inventory (like a hand bag).
    • Wormhole Cell Phone renamed to Network Cell Phone.
    • The Network Cell Phone now has a sprite animation similar to the other Recall/Wormhole mirror combos.
  • eHEulH9.png
    bEBQQdR.png
    KvDIUNr.png
    4dXb8G7.png
    Added a bunch of Strange Dyes, such as Reflective dyes for Hardmode ores, and some others.
  • The Rod of Warping has changed quite a bit:
    • QLNwOt1.png
      New texture.
    • New recipe: Rod of Discord + 15 Luminite Bars + 10 of each Lunar Fragment. More expensive than before, but you no longer need to farm Wormhole Crystals.
    • Chaos State now deals less damage (1/20 of your max HP) and the duration is configurable.
      • I might make it 0 seconds by default in the future, as it is a post Moon Lord item after all. But for now the default is 1 second.
  • Speaking of recipes, the Wormhole Mirror also no longer requires Wormhole Crystals. It is now a Mech-tier item.
    • In fact, Wormhole Crystals are now a deprecated item. They're unobtainable and no longer have a use other than selling.
Phew, that changelog was a bit of a pain. I also want to redesign my OP and make it more organized, that's gonna be fun.
Still, I'm looking forward to more fun Terraria stuff.

Last edited:
v1.5:
  • Added Chinese translation (thanks Dierney)
  • The mod now uses a .lang file for localization, so it's now easier to submit translations.
  • The Baseball Cap can now be worn backwards.
  • The Baseball Cap item sprite is now red instead of green.
  • Stats of Karma Staff adjusted, lower damage but faster shoot rate.

v1.6:
  • Added Autofisher
  • Added Item Vacuum
See it in action here.
  • Baseball Cap can now be crafted into a Backwards Baseball Cap
    • Previously that was done by right-clicking the item, but that conflicted with the vanity/armor swap mechanic.

I also now have a Discord! Don't join it though because I suck at being active in chats. Also it's not entirely set up just yet.

could you make the ancient forges emit light in a future update like how they once did

I was sure they emit light, but I guess I forgot to add that. I'll do that in the next update.

Last edited:
My only complaint is that the GB from the Karma Staff takes too long to fire. The rate is killing me when I'm trying to kill Yharim.

This mod appears to be turning my character green.

Every time I load up a world I have to place and remove a dye from each slot to 'reset' my player back to normal.

I disabled all of my mods and re-enabled them one at a time and this one appears to be the culprit.

What is going on??

This mod appears to be turning my character green.

Every time I load up a world I have to place and remove a dye from each slot to 'reset' my player back to normal.

I disabled all of my mods and re-enabled them one at a time and this one appears to be the culprit.

What is going on??
Does this happen when only Miscellania is loaded? What is your character wearing? Are you using any of the Miscellania dyes?

Does this happen when only Miscellania is loaded? What is your character wearing? Are you using any of the Miscellania dyes?

Yeah, it happens if Miscellania is the only mod loaded.
I'm currently wearing full iron, and for testing purposes, no accessories or anything else.
I've disabled Miscellania dyes in the config.

To test, I disable all mods, fully close and reopen the game.
In the Select Player screen I can see that my Player is looking normal.
I then go back, enable Miscellania, and reload mods.
In the Select Player screen my Player is now fully green.

{
"AltStaffs": false,
"MagicStones": false,
"GodStone": false,
"DemonCrown": false,
"HeartLocket": false,
"Magnet": true,
"NinjaGear": false,
"ReinforcedVest": false,
"AncientForges": false,
"RedBrickFurniture": false,
"AncientMuramasa": false,
"GasterBlaster": false,
"SpearofJustice": false,
"WormholeMirror": false,
"WormholePhone": false,
"CellPhoneResprite": false,
"RodofWarping": false,
"RodofWarpingChaosState": 1.0,
"EmblemofDeath": false,
"BuildingMaterials": false,
"BaseballBats": false,
"AncientOrb": true,
"ExtraDyes": false,
"Autofisher": true,
"MechanicsRodOften": true,
"ChestVacuum": true
}

Yeah, it happens if Miscellania is the only mod loaded.
I'm currently wearing full iron, and for testing purposes, no accessories or anything else.
I've disabled Miscellania dyes in the config.

To test, I disable all mods, fully close and reopen the game.
In the Select Player screen I can see that my Player is looking normal.
I then go back, enable Miscellania, and reload mods.
In the Select Player screen my Player is now fully green.
Thank you for providing the config file. I just tested it, and the bug happens only when you disable the ExtraDyes option.
Even though you disabled the dyes, the mod still tries to load the custom Dye shader (specifically, Reflective Chlorophyte). But because the actual Dye item isn't loaded, the game gets confused, so it applies that shader to all armor/accessories. Luckily that's a simple fix, I'll release an update shortly.

On that note, I've been thinking of removing most of these config options in the future. Originally I thought it was a good idea, but now it feels like it's only a source of bugs. I don't think completely removing an item benefits anyone in any way (other than allowing faster load times). If you don't want to use an item, don't craft it/use it. But I still need feedback on this.

v1.6.1:
  • Fixed bug where all armor/accessories turned green if dyes were disabled in the config.
  • Fixed other potential config-related issues.
  • Ancient Forges/Hellforges now glow and produce fire particles.
  • The config file now gets regenerated on every startup, so if you're updating from older versions of Miscellania, new config options automatically get added (no need to delete the file).
Also in the last changelog I forgot to mention that the Mechanic's Rod is now sold 3x as often (configurable). That was done so that it's easier to craft the Autofisher.

Well, I have an idea. I highly doubt you would add it, but its worth a shot.

Minecraft Creeper:
  • 80 HP
  • Slow walking speed.
  • When hit, it will be knocked back one tile.
  • Instead of doing melee attacks, it will explode once it is in a 3 tile range of you. The explosion can break blocks, and do damage to the player, and other creatures around.
  • Sprite would be the Minecraft Creeper outfit, but without the arms, and looking a little less blocky.

New updates!
v1.6.2:
  • Allow other mods to be compatible with the Autofisher (but they have to add integration themselves, I wrote I guide on this here).
  • The Autofisher now consumes almost twice as much bait.
    • (it's more like 1.5x as much, because the fishing line never breaks, but whatever)
  • Update description.
v1.6.3:
  • The Item Vacuum now stacks coins properly. (100 copper coins turn into 1 silver coin etc.)
  • The Autofisher's fishing line color is the same as the Mechanical Rod now.
  • Fixed potential issues with mod integration.
Minecraft Creeper: -snip-
I don't think I want to add Creepers, especially if they destroy tiles.

Hello there
So for some reason, miscelania just break fishing 2.0, it is forced to be disabled.
Here is the log

The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at GoldensMisc.AutofisherHooks.RegisterHook(HookType type, MethodInfo hook) in e:\Yurik\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\GoldensMisc\AutofisherHooks.cs:line 55
at GoldensMisc.GoldensMisc.Call(Object[] args) ine:\Yurik\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\GoldensMisc\GoldensMisc.cs:line 188
at Fishing3.Fishing3.PostSetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Hello there
So for some reason, miscelania just break fishing 2.0, it is forced to be disabled.
Fixed, sorry for the trouble.

Miscellania v1.6.5:
  • Fixed Autofisher mod integration (for the third time now)
  • When you right click on the Autofisher, it now gives you information about the current Fishing Power (like a Fisherman's Pocket Guide/Fish Finder)
  • If you place multiple Item Vacuums in a row, they will be triggered with a random delay, even after relogging.
  • Source code now uses C# version 6.

Back
Top Bottom