PC Missing Executable. (Steam)

3en

Plantera
Error.PNG

Whenever I load up Terraria on my computer, this shows up.
I looked at the Steam support page and followed basically every step to no avail.
Is it a problem with Steam, a problem with Terraria or just a problem with my computer in general.

Folder.PNG

Crashlog Entry if this is at all useful.

8/10/2014 9:17:57 PM
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'WindowsGameForm'.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.GetSafeHandle(IWin32Window window)
at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean showHelp)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ShowMissingRequirementMessage(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.ShowMissingRequirementMessage(Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)
[DOUBLEPOST=1419193643][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure if this will work at all, but it's worth a try reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0, they are needed to run Terraria.
A friend of mine had a similar problem, but when he reinstalled both of those he fixed it.

Trying this now, if I have any luck I will give you........ uhhh, a marshmallow. :3

EDIT : No use. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, verify dat came cache! If your screenshot is still accurate you're missing Terraria.exe, which verifying your game cache SHOULD fix.

Verify game cache with steam and then try again.
Yeah, verify dat came cache! If your screenshot is still accurate you're missing Terraria.exe, which verifying your game cache SHOULD fix.

I verified it, then the file did come back, yes. Then when I launched the game it loaded as well. Then, when I went to "Create Character" it loaded up after a few seconds, then I clicked "Create" when I finished and it crashed and deleted Terraria.exe.

Do you have windows essentials running or some kind of virus protection? I can only imagine that this is whats deleting Terraria.

When I first ran this computer after resetting it because of reasons, it worked fine and I had no anti-viruses/anti-malware/spyware softwares. It has been about 3 or 4 months since then and I have not downloaded any anti-viruses/anti-malware/spyware softwares. So to be completely honest, I think it may be best to reset my computer again if nobody can find anything....... idk.

When I first ran this computer after resetting it because of reasons, it worked fine and I had no anti-viruses/anti-malware/spyware softwares. It has been about 3 or 4 months since then and I have not downloaded any anti-viruses/anti-malware/spyware softwares. So to be completely honest, I think it may be best to reset my computer again if nobody can find anything....... idk.

If that's the route you must take, move your terraria file to a removable save space. This way you wont lose anything.

There is no reason to reset a computer because of a missing file. Delete Terraria via Steam option, then Re-install it, all file should be there.

Directly delete the whole Terraria folder.
Reinstall it then.
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting this to do anything... sorry. :/
But as far as I've tested so far on my :red: computer, it actually fixed it. :D

Last edited:
Ok, nope. Re launching the game, missing executable.

Ehh, I'm getting a new computer in a month or so, and I have a PS3 to play Terraria on... so I guess I can wait. :p
(Anyone wanna play with me, add bo132013sgo... don't ask, on psn.)

Ok, nope. Re launching the game, missing executable.

Ehh, I'm getting a new computer in a month or so, and I have a PS3 to play Terraria on... so I guess I can wait. :p
(Anyone wanna play with me, add bo132013sgo... don't ask, on psn.)

Did you use steam to uninstall content or did you delete it manually? Did you confirm Terraria.exe and its files are all there before launching?

Back
Top Bottom