Switch Missing floating Island chests and minor visual bug

lepus212123

Terrarian
Two bugs I've encountered that haven't been posted yet.

I found a handful of floating islands on the switch version that spawn with just a skyware house and no chest inside of it. The failure rate for chest spawns seems to be pretty high, that or I'm just unlucky. These are not floating islands with lakes, they're regular islands with houses, but no chests.

When a "rare" type enemy spawns (tortured soul, wyvern, or anything else the lifeform analyzer picks up), a transparent sprite of the enemy is loaded for one frame on top of the player's location, then this ghost sprite disappears the next frame. I have only noticed this while using the full titanium armor set, so it may be related to the afterimage the set bonus creates. This has only happened with the rare type enemies, and has yet to happen with any common mobs.

Two bugs I've encountered that haven't been posted yet.

I found a handful of floating islands on the switch version that spawn with just a skyware house and no chest inside of it. The failure rate for chest spawns seems to be pretty high, that or I'm just unlucky. These are not floating islands with lakes, they're regular islands with houses, but no chests.

When a "rare" type enemy spawns (tortured soul, wyvern, or anything else the lifeform analyzer picks up), a transparent sprite of the enemy is loaded for one frame on top of the player's location, then this ghost sprite disappears the next frame. I have only noticed this while using the full titanium armor set, so it may be related to the afterimage the set bonus creates. This has only happened with the rare type enemies, and has yet to happen with any common mobs.
Hi there @chubert1, thanks for sharing this info, and welcome to the forums. :)

If you haven’t already, I suggest sending this info directly to Pipeworks (the console developers) here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

i haven't gotten the chest bug yet but me and my friend are getting the visual bug too. we are using diffrent armor but it still appears, this happens randomly for us however so im not sure how this happens.

I just logged back into my game and there was a silhoutte for all floating islands which I thought was lucky. Not a single one had a chest.

Luck is dead.

On my first playthrough of the game I found a floating island and thought it was cool; then my friend told me that there was supposed to be a chest. Sad

Back
Top Bottom