• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC Missing/Lost Character

Shadow Wolf95

Terrarian
I played terraria last night with a friend, saved and exited my world and when I relaunched it one of my characters had completely disappeared. it's name was SaphireFlame... I have read the other threads and have looked in Recycling, through the game files and anywhere else and can not find the plr nor the plr.bak character file for her... I see all the .map files (no idea if they can do any good) but no plr nor plr.bak

Normally I would not be bothered by this but it was my favorite character and one that I had over 20hours of gameplay on... I know I there are editors to recreate the character but I am trying to do so only as a last resort.

Any insight or help would be appreciated.

Gotcha!

Pumpking
I'm afraid that character is lost.

In case you're someone who does this: Don't let your PC go stand-by while a game is running. Games aren't programmed to do that and it leads to problems.
(Heck, some games don't even like it if you alt-tab.)

Shadow Wolf95

Terrarian
I'm afraid that character is lost.

In case you're someone who does this: Don't let your PC go stand-by while a game is running. Games aren't programmed to do that and it leads to problems.
(Heck, some games don't even like it if you alt-tab.)
I don't put it to sleep while games are running, and if I need to, I generally use shift tab, then go to steam's web browser to search stuff. I try to avoid alt tab as much as possible for that reason. Ty for your response, I guess I will have to remake it. I just hate that I lost it with so much time on that character, it was possibly my proudest character and one of the few I was happy to say I worked my way up instead of using a spawn server or editor to get my gear. It was even saved to cloud but it is gone now.

Gotcha!

Pumpking
Terraria doesn't mind alt-tab, thankfully. ;)
If you're having more problems, try to avoid using the cloud and do manual backups. Now and then I read about people losing stuff when they use the cloud. Maybe they're doing something wrong or maybe the Steam cloud isn't all that. Whatever the reason, I don't trust it.
I have a lot of characters and have never lost one. (4280 hours of game time.) I backup them myself, but so far haven't needed to.

Shadow Wolf95

Terrarian
Terraria doesn't mind alt-tab, thankfully. ;)
If you're having more problems, try to avoid using the cloud and do manual backups. Now and then I read about people losing stuff when they use the cloud. Maybe they're doing something wrong or maybe the Steam cloud isn't all that. Whatever the reason, I don't trust it.
I have a lot of characters and have never lost one. (4280 hours of game time.) I backup them myself, but so far haven't needed to.
I'm gonna have to. Unfortunately I used to have more characters I have somewhere around 150 hours of gameplay more if you can't all the hours I played offline when I was out of internet... I've lost characters from switching between computers. whether it was a stolen pc (happened once), using another pc because I didn't have my own for a while or some other reason.

Top Bottom