Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was playing with a friend today in an expert world, and we killed the Moon Lord for the first time with those characters, but for some reason his treasure bags just didn't drop - for either of us. I know it wasn't a case of losing track of the bag because we saw the hearts and potions drop just fine, but there was no accompanying bag on either of our ends.

Note that we've been having issues with our connection since we live on opposite sides of the world, but it's mostly manifested as lag that re-syncs after a short time. We have had a few instances of items getting duplicated when picked up, but this is the first instance of an item getting deleted, at least that we've noticed. For the record all other treasure bags from other bosses dropped just fine, and every time we defeated the Moon Lord after this, the bag dropped like normal, so it was just the one case.

Some other details that may or may not be relevant: The Moon Lord was off of my screen when he died as well as when he exploded, though onscreen for my friend, and since it was our first time beating him with our characters, we had the credits roll start right after. There were only the two of us on the server, no one else.

We used to have rather pervasive issues with treasure bags not dropping, but this is fairly rare now.

However, due to the specific syncing nature of them, it IS possible that an inconvenient lag spike could potentially interrupt them. This should be rather rare, but happening like this is not unheard of.

Unfortunately, this is not likely to be something we can easily fix due to the nature of client side treasure bags: if its happening consistently/more frequently than not, please do let us know, there could be a different issue in play.

Okay, I appreciate the reply. As mentioned, it never happened before or since, so it seems it was only the one incident. I may do some testing myself on whether the credits roll can affect treasure bags dropping in multiplayer, but if I can't duplicate it then it seems it was just a freak accident.

Back
Top Bottom