PS4 Missing Trophies

Leeme

Terrarian
Recently purchased Terraria for ps4 after owning on ps3 and pc. I came to play on the ps4 and started a new world etc. Till I found that the trophies are synced between ps3 and ps4 versions of the game, no biggie. However I did find that a few trophies were not unlocking, despite completing the requirements. This includes the following:
Appease the Volcano Gods - 'You sacrificed the Guide in boiling hot magma!'
Homicidal - 'You killed the Guide, you maniac!'
I haven't received the 'Slimer' achievement either, I'm almost certain I've done this but I may run through and kill each slime again just in case.
What doesn't make sense is that I have gotten the trophies for killing each of the mechanical bosses, which makes 0 sense because I would not be able to achieve this without activating hard mode first, which in theory would give me both those missing trophies. Any advice on how to fix this? or who I can contact to get this problem resolved?
I have played a new world on my ps4, and have reached hardmode and almost ready to fight more mechanical bosses. I have thrown the guide's doll into lava and still no luck

Also, before it is asked, I no longer have access to my ps3 console as the power supply is currently damaged. I'd like to get this resolved on the ps4 version. All other trophies were earned on the ps3, and I'd like to get those done. All currently earned trophies were obtained back in 2015, I have provided a screenshot of my trophy list showing trophies that would only be possible in hard mode, therefore I should have the other 2. I'm yet to try and earn a few more trophies such as collecting every armour set, but at this rate its safe to assume that this trophy may not work either. My psn ID is: Leeme_

Attachments

• 20190818000635_LI.jpg
    20190818000635_LI.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 235
Recently purchased Terraria for ps4 after owning on ps3 and pc. I came to play on the ps4 and started a new world etc. Till I found that the trophies are synced between ps3 and ps4 versions of the game, no biggie. However I did find that a few trophies were not unlocking, despite completing the requirements. This includes the following:
Appease the Volcano Gods - 'You sacrificed the Guide in boiling hot magma!'
Homicidal - 'You killed the Guide, you maniac!'
I haven't received the 'Slimer' achievement either, I'm almost certain I've done this but I may run through and kill each slime again just in case.
What doesn't make sense is that I have gotten the trophies for killing each of the mechanical bosses, which makes 0 sense because I would not be able to achieve this without activating hard mode first, which in theory would give me both those missing trophies. Any advice on how to fix this? or who I can contact to get this problem resolved?
I have played a new world on my ps4, and have reached hardmode and almost ready to fight more mechanical bosses. I have thrown the guide's doll into lava and still no luck

Also, before it is asked, I no longer have access to my ps3 console as the power supply is currently damaged. I'd like to get this resolved on the ps4 version. All other trophies were earned on the ps3, and I'd like to get those done. All currently earned trophies were obtained back in 2015, I have provided a screenshot of my trophy list showing trophies that would only be possible in hard mode, therefore I should have the other 2. I'm yet to try and earn a few more trophies such as collecting every armour set, but at this rate its safe to assume that this trophy may not work either. My psn ID is: Leeme_
Hi @Leeme, welcome to the forums. :merchantsmile:

The Achievements on console have always been a bit finicky. My suggestion is to take a Guide Voodoo Doll to a brand new world, with a newly made character (give the new character enough gear to easily accomplish your task like a good pickaxe, weapon, wings). Take the new character to a new world, equip the Doll and kill the Guide. See if that pops the “Homicidal” achievement. If it does, make the Guide a house, hope he moves back in, head to the underworld and throw the Doll in lava to summon WOF.

I’m not sure why doing the tasks in a new world would make a difference, but it’s worked for others’ achievements enough times that I keep suggesting it.

For the Slimes, that may be one to just double and triple check. Check on Corruption vs Crimson Slimes and don’t forget about rainbow slime (he was my last one to get).

Hi @Leeme, welcome to the forums. :merchantsmile:

The Achievements on console have always been a bit finicky. My suggestion is to take a Guide Voodoo Doll to a brand new world, with a newly made character (give the new character enough gear to easily accomplish your task like a good pickaxe, weapon, wings). Take the new character to a new world, equip the Doll and kill the Guide. See if that pops the “Homicidal” achievement. If it does, make the Guide a house, hope he moves back in, head to the underworld and throw the Doll in lava to summon WOF.

I’m not sure why doing the tasks in a new world would make a difference, but it’s worked for others’ achievements enough times that I keep suggesting it.

For the Slimes, that may be one to just double and triple check. Check on Corruption vs Crimson Slimes and don’t forget about rainbow slime (he was my last one to get).

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this technique, it managed to work for the first trophy, which was simply killing the guide, but I'm still having no luck with the second one, which is sacrificing the guide in boiling hot magma. I even tried this a second time by making a second new world, new guide and killed the original guide in lava, but have had no luck with this yet. Any other suggestions?

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this technique, it managed to work for the first trophy, which was simply killing the guide, but I'm still having no luck with the second one, which is sacrificing the guide in boiling hot magma. I even tried this a second time by making a second new world, new guide and killed the original guide in lava, but have had no luck with this yet. Any other suggestions?
Glad to hear it worked on one, not so glad to hear it didn’t work on the other. Sorry, besides doing the achievement in a new world, I’ve never seen a rhyme or reason of why sometimes achievements pop and why they don’t, so I don’t know of any other workarounds to try.

Hi @sharkytheog Which achievement are you stuck on?
If its for 'Appease the Volcano Gods' are you taking a bucket of lava and pouring it on the guide?

Back
Top Bottom