Biomes & Nature Misty Ocean

Do you want the mist to have that "minor" effect?

• Total voters

zimberzimber

Terrarian
First of all, I would like to give credit to @Blodmel for thinking about it, but he didn't suggest it, so I'll do it instead.

This isn't something big, its a small visual change, and perhaps with a 'minor' side effect. ( ♦ - Without the side effect | ♣ - With the side effect )
♦ Whenever its raining, the surface of the ocean biome and ~50 blocks from it to the opposite side of the map will be covered in a mist cloud.
♣ The mist would make it harder to figure out whats inside it, while its day you can more or less figure out who goes there, while in the night its nearly impossible.
♣ Also while your head is inside the mist you lose some vision as if you were in a dark room, so you can see whenever a demon eye is charging at you or not.

Thats all folks!
thoughts, suggestions, complaints are all welcome! :)

Sounds neat, but what exactly would Mist look like in the 2D planes of Terraria?
Like this:
clouds%20rainbows%20skydoll%20skyscapes%201280x854%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperfo.com_35.jpg

I searched "high res 3d mist cloud" in Google to find this.

Jokes aside; you know these clouds in the background? Imagine a lot of these clumped together while colored gray with a bit of transparency.

I can imagine what this would look like :)
And, it seems like a great idea :D
But, is it there just to be there? Or will it have some special features?

I can imagine what this would look like :)
And, it seems like a great idea :D
But, is it there just to be there? Or will it have some special features?
This isn't something big, its a small visual change, and perhaps with a 'minor' side effect. ( ♦ - Without the side effect | ♣ - With the side effect )
♦ Whenever its raining, the surface of the ocean biome and ~50 blocks from it to the opposite side of the map will be covered in a mist cloud.
♣ The mist would make it harder to figure out whats inside it, while its day you can more or less figure out who goes there, while in the night its nearly impossible.
♣ Also while your head is inside the mist you lose some vision as if you were in a dark room, so you can see whenever a demon eye is charging at you or not.

Why would the oceans get misty when it rains? As far as I know Terraria's beaches are located in a warm biome, palm trees and all.
Wikipedia said:
Mist is a phenomenon caused by small droplets of water suspended in air. Physically it is one instance of a dispersion. It is most commonly seen where warm, moist air meets sudden cooling, such as in exhaled air in the winter, or when throwing water onto the hot stove of a sauna.

Exactly. Hot meets cold. But Terraria's beach biome would be warm. And the rain dropping there would be warm.
Anyone lives near palm trees and can tell me if there's ever any fog? :)

First of all, I would like to give credit to @Blodmel for thinking about it, but he didn't suggest it, so I'll do it instead.

Thats all folks!
thoughts, suggestions, complaints are all welcome! :)
zimber the mist effect can look and work just like darkness in terraria exept it would be white when your inside it and also ther should be alot of creapy noises :p

zimber the mist effect can look and work just like darkness in terraria exept it would be white when your inside it and also ther should be alot of creapy noises :p
First of all, don't quote the main post, just reply. ;)
Secondarily, Yo REALLY need to work on your grammar, I know you think its unimportant, but trust me, it it. :p

As for what you suggest, I don't want it to be too high so you could see what flies above you.
You don't want to be hit-and-runned now do you?
As for the creepy noises, I think the mob sounds are enough. :)

Good to see you on TCF buddy. :D

Back
Top Bottom