MK II : what weapon would you like to see improved ?

Samaldafadra

Terrarian
Hello everyone ! With the 1.3.6 we will (probably) have new versions of weapons as we can see in one of Cenx's spoiler (I hope so). For you what weapon deserve it ? Your favorite gun maybe ? Just say it in this thread and, if you want to, describe the improvments.

Personnaly I would love to see new versions (more powerful of course) of every biome weapon espacially the Hydra. I think it's unfortunate that these really cool and hard-to-get weapons are really weak against high tier ennemies (lFrom the Martians to the Moonlord). I am aware that a non endgame weapon can't stay powerfull until the end. Well except for the Vampire Knives but that's another story.

Staff of the Frost Hydra MK II : This new version allows you to summon a more powerfull turret minion that fires multiple deadly and fast ice beams at higher fire rate. You can't summon more than one of this bad boy at the same time but it does not count as a sentry for the player's maximum sentry capacity.

(English is not my native language so I apologise for the mistakes)

Last edited:
Hmmm, a stronger variant of the Clockwork Assault rifle could look nice.

If not, a stronger variant of the Flare Gun could be possible.

Perhaps an endgame version of the Phaseblade/Phasesaber. The Martian invasion could drop power cells that allow you to make a Dual Phasesaber with an alt-fire option that lets you throw it like a boomerang.

Also agree on an endgame version of the Arkhalis or Fetid Baghnakhs. Basically a rapid-fire close range melee weapon.

Adding on to some previous posts regarding the arkhalis, i think it'd be cool if there was a mid-hardmode version with longer range that could be thrown to inflict constant damage on contact. Possibly inflicting a buff that causes a lot of damage in a short period of time. This may sound overpowered, but remember that this is the rare Arkhalis mixed with hardmode items. Probably crafted with, for instance, the Arkhalis as well as spectre bars and souls of might.

Hmmm, a stronger variant of the Clockwork Assault rifle could look nice.

If not, a stronger variant of the Flare Gun could be possible.

I am curious about that Flare Gun idea of yours ! What are you thinking about ? :) Permanent flares seems a little bit OP but it would be really nice.

I love the idea of a lightsaber MK II ! Even if I think that deflecting projectiles would be funnier than throwing the weapon itself.

I am curious about that Flare Gun idea of yours ! What are you thinking about ? :) Permanent flares seems a little bit OP but it would be really nice.

I love the idea of a lightsaber MK II ! Even if I think that deflecting projectiles would be funnier than throwing the weapon itself.
Well, not the fact about permanent flares. Something else i don't know about.

Flintlock pistol should just straight up be upgraded, but I think they should make pistols for all tiers, mainly having an endgame pistol would be great.

Definitely Copper Shortsword.
Just kidding.

I think it would be nice if it could be combined with some other fire weapons.
Maybe a magical fire gun or something?
An upgrade that would let you click & drag & then let go & instantly create the blocks all at once would be cool.
Potential Concept
Recipe

Sky Fracture x1
Death Sickle x1

Light Shard x2
Dark Shard x2
Soul of Fright x15

Weapon Features & Usage

Left-click: Pre-upgrade attack, but with higher base damage & glowing scythe projectiles instead.
Right-click: Charges for a while like the Charged Blaster Cannon, before being swung like a sword quickly, resulting in a huge-ish fracture which sends out a barrage of scythes for 2 - 3 seconds. (Undecided. These scythes will obviously have lower base damage than the regular attack.)

Last edited:
An upgraded Death Sickle would be nice.

It should be summoned wherever the cursor's position is if clicked. It should also stay longer, about 6-8 seconds instead 3-4 seconds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom