Texture Pack [MLP] Terraria Pony Pack

Rhoenicx

Terrarian
logo.png

Welcome to my thread!
Aye everyone! First things first: I lost interest in MLP in general so i am NOT updating this texturepack to 1.4+.
I will provide support if someone needs help updating the texturepack; I just do not really feel like to change a couple of thousand files myself. (Also limited time because RL)

I am still active in the Terraria modding community.

Contact me on:
Steam: Steam Community :: Rhoenicx
Discord: Rhoenicx#1962

Cursor_2.png

Changes:
- Added new items 1.3.5.3
- Added another font with backup just in case
- Removed older version(s)

ButtonSeed.png

Upcoming Changes:
- Any requested changes
- nothing planned

Camera_0.png

Screenshots & Pictures:
Menu:
20171118004839_1.jpg

20171118004915_1.jpg

Inventory:
20171118004947_1.jpg

Latest Armor Previews:
Apprentice_Armor.png
Dark%20Artist%20Armor.png
Huntress_Armor.png
Monk%20Armor.png
Red_Riding_Armor.png
Shinobi%20Infiltrator%20Armor.png
squire_armor.png
Valhalla_Armor.png

Included NPC's:
NPC_17.png
NPC_18.png
NPC_19.png
NPC_20.png
NPC_22.png
NPC_38.png
NPC_54.png
NPC_107.png
NPC_108.png
NPC_124.png
NPC_142.png
NPC_160.png

NPC_178.png
NPC_207_Alt_1.png
NPC_208.png
NPC_227.png
NPC_228.png
NPC_229.png
NPC_353_Alt_1.png
NPC_368.png
NPC_369.png
NPC_441.png
NPC_453.png
NPC_550.png

ButtonCloudActive.png

Downloads:

Latest Version:
V0.9.5 For 1.3.5.3 - 18-11-2017
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pf0s0xlh3rq2a0/Pony Pack V0.9.5 For Terraria 1.3.5.3.zip?dl=0

Camera_1.png

How-To-Install:
1. Download my file from the link above
2. Unzip the file
3. Open your steam game folder (Normally found at: X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria)
4. Drag&drop my "Content" folder inside the "Terraira" folder
5. Overwrite all the files
6. Run terraria
7. enjoy!

InfoIcon_5.png

Known bugs:
- When transforming into an Merfolk the tail and head do not fit the body when jumping.
- When equiping armor the tail may or may not dissapear

Notes.png

Notes:
1. You have to replace the xnb files; texturepack feature does not work with this pack.
2. This pack may not work on MacOsx

Camera_5.png

Credits:
EvilChaosKnight: For the idea and making the pony pack for Terraria 1.1.
Rhoenicx: For updating the Pony Pack to Terraria 1.3.5.3.
Classy: For the NPC sitting sprites.​

Last edited:
Terraria 1.3.3 is live! that means this texturepack needs an update! I'll be working on the new update to support 1.3.3; I have to wait for someone to decompile and fix the errors from 1.3.3 in order to make the modded exe file... For now you can use this texturepack with 1.3.3 but some things will not work (like tails etc) and off course the new textures.

I tested the pack and it is fully useable when you run the game with my exe file. DO NOT USE 1.3.3 Characters and worlds to play with this pack; TERRARIA WILL CRASH. Create the player and world with my exe file. (it is still on 1.3.2.1 and will not contain the new content)

Yeah i know about 1.3.4, i wanted to start right away after the release but the update log on the wiki was not updated yet so i do not know what is new in this update. Also i have to wait for the source code :/

I think i am going to delay the update with a couple of days/weeks because terraria now got a new option in the config file called "useexperimentalfeatures". i am going to use this setting(s) for upcoming updates! And i need to make some new armors for 1.3.4.
Be patient! It will be updated soon!

Hey, any chances you'll make a tutorial for installing this on MacOSX? If not, I'll just wait until the texture pack update comes.
But, I tried my best to install it. I copied the Content files that replaced my original one at my Steam folder

Since I am using a Mac, the first thing I see when opening the Terraria folder at my SteamApps > Common folder is a .app file and I could access the files by right-clicking on the Terraria.app file to show the content inside. Yes, all the files are compiled inside an application file so it is MacOSX-compatible. The image below is what you can see what's inside the Terraria folder for the MacOSX system.

BySs0Qu.png

The next few folders after showing the files inside the .app file is this image below. You can see that your .exe file that you provided is right down below, under the original Terraria .exe file. I also copied the Images inside your zip folder and replaced the original that I have.

oJOukLR.png

After replacing the image files, I tried to run the game from my Steam client but it won't startup and it doesn't even show any crash report. However, I'm too dumb to notice the crash log text file until I started scanning through these screenshots I made before posting this reply/comment. So here's what it says:

Code:
10/27/2016 6:58:03 PM
System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
  at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize (Nullable`1 mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

10/27/2016 6:58:44 PM
System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred.
  at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize (Nullable`1 mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

11/19/2016 6:39:03 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Could not load Images/SmartDig asset as a non-content file! ---> Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/Users/prografixcompany/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria/Terraria.app/Contents/MacOS/Content/Images/SmartDig.xnb".
File name: '/Users/prografixcompany/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria/Terraria.app/Contents/MacOS/Content/Images/SmartDig.xnb'
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
  at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[Texture2D] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[Texture2D] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[Texture2D] (System.String assetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.OurLoad[Texture2D] (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.LoadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Terraria.Main.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Am I doing the installation right? It could be that I can't open .exe files because it is not openable with my system. I don't know.

It's okay if you can't provide some solutions because I can wait until the texture option on Terraria can go live anyways.

I am a windows user myself and i do not know anything about MACOSX. I also know that terraria is made in C#/C++ (that is a windows language). I am think i can not help you with this error because terraria works different on MACOSX. In the latest terraria update they added a texturepack option; i am going to use that for this texturepack too.
(I do not know if this option is already implanted in the MACOSX version)

Hey there I am Dimentio and i now Rhoenicx in real life.
He and i have taken a look at your problem and some files are different between windows and MACOS.
When you replaced the original Terraria files with the texture pack files did you do all of them?
How did you ran the game? have you used the modded file or did you just opened the game in steam?
I also have taken a look on the internet if it is different on installing an Terraria texture pack on MACOSX but i did not find much about it sadly.

Hope it can be fixed for you!

Rhoenicx is working on the next update and is spriting some friends of him including me are trying to help him so maybe future updates can be released quicker.

Hello, so I love the mod and all that, but just one small question.... after installing the file and replacing it with the original files of my terraria folder... How do I go back to been normal terraria? XD

Open steam (if you have the game on steam; cuz steam ftw), go to your game libraby and right click on the game, Click Properties, Local Files, and then click "verify integrity of game cache", wait for it to finish and you're back to normal terraria (you can also reinstall the game; if you do make sure to back up your saves and worlds)

Hey there I am Dimentio and i now Rhoenicx in real life.
He and i have taken a look at your problem and some files are different between windows and MACOS.
When you replaced the original Terraria files with the texture pack files did you do all of them?
How did you ran the game? have you used the modded file or did you just opened the game in steam?
I also have taken a look on the internet if it is different on installing an Terraria texture pack on MACOSX but i did not find much about it sadly.

Hope it can be fixed for you!

Rhoenicx is working on the next update and is spriting some friends of him including me are trying to help him so maybe future updates can be released quicker.

Rheonicx/Dimention120 , Steam updates go for MacOSX and PC too. It's not hard to find the option to enable the useExperimentalOptions variable on my Macbook. I launch the game from Steam by pressing the PLAY button but for a few seconds, it says "Terraria - Running" until the word "Running" disappears. No crash report window popped up.

On the zip folder contained the Images where all the sprites are, including the .exe file. I dragged and dropped the items on the Images folder to my orginal Images folder and replaced every single sprite.

I also tried to delete the original Terraria.exe, renamed the .exe that Rheonicx provided to Terraria.exe so that becomes the main executable and tried running the game from Steam. Unfortunately, it still won't open.

Anyways, I'll just wait until oRheo can update this texture pack with the useExperimentalOptions variable at the .json file. Thanks.

I am afraid i cannot help you with your problem. just wait for my update (70/116 sprites done) and use the experimental features. hopefully that will fix the problem. Another problem; i made that custom exe file to fix some issues with the tail, if you do not run the game with that exe file, tails will not be visible.

The sprites for 1.3.4 are done! Now i only have to wait for the source code! For the future updates i really appreciate your opinion for what i should work on next.

Note#1: I will not be using the experimental features because i can not replace the player body, the original terraria body is displayed so everything will not fit.

The sprites for 1.3.4 are done! Now i only have to wait for the source code! For the future updates i really appreciate your opinion for what i should work on next.

Note#1: I will not be using the experimental features because i can not replace the player body, the original terraria body is displayed so everything will not fit.
Keeping my eye on this!

Just launched the game to try it out. Looks good so far, though I've noticed a major bug in the game.
On your map/minimap, it only shows your mane, tail, and eyes. Nothing else.
Would also be nice to somehow change tail styles too.

Other than that I'm looking forward to seeing other stuff some up from this.

Back
Top Bottom