Texture Pack [MLP] Terraria Pony Pack

Hello there, I noted that earlier in this discussion someone mentioned about how you couldn't have a pony and a human next to each other with this pack. May I suggest a potential alternative? By potentially adding a mod to this, you could allow for a player to define if they are a human or a pony and then establish by that which heads to use. I know there's been mods out there that allow playing as different races (N-terraria comes to mind) so potentially you could use that tactic to pull off what was asked for before.

With the recent announcement of Terraria Journey's End, the final update for the game, do you think you'll be able to redo the mod for that once it's released?

Probably yes but it is going to take some time since the devs changed the sprite layout for the player and armor etc. I am not sure if it is still possible to replace those textures files...

Hello there, I noted that earlier in this discussion someone mentioned about how you couldn't have a pony and a human next to each other with this pack. May I suggest a potential alternative? By potentially adding a mod to this, you could allow for a player to define if they are a human or a pony and then establish by that which heads to use. I know there's been mods out there that allow playing as different races (N-terraria comes to mind) so potentially you could use that tactic to pull off what was asked for before.

I will have a look at that, if i can add a race to the game with a mod or maybe compatibility with a mod that already does this to prevent conflicts.

Atm i dont have the knowledge to create a mod like this, yet...
I am currently working on another abandened mod where i kinda took the role as lead programmer so thats nice, maybe later i will be able to make a mod for the pony race when i know how to manipulate the menu and player sprite :thinking:

Probably yes but it is going to take some time since the devs changed the sprite layout for the player and armor etc. I am not sure if it is still possible to replace those textures files...

I will have a look at that, if i can add a race to the game with a mod or maybe compatibility with a mod that already does this to prevent conflicts.

Atm i dont have the knowledge to create a mod like this, yet...
I am currently working on another abandened mod where i kinda took the role as lead programmer so thats nice, maybe later i will be able to make a mod for the pony race when i know how to manipulate the menu and player sprite :thinking:
That would be pretty cool to see as if you could figure that out (and also edit the mod to recognise if one race or the other's being hit by a status effect (stoned for example) so that people don't get confused when they're affected by a status and suddenly not their race anymore). I'd look forward to that!

Oh boy. It's been four years and out of the blue I suddenly remembered that an MLP texture pack existed for Terraria and I had problems running it on my MacOS lol. I moved on from being a brony a couple of years ago, but right now I just wanted to see what this texture pack looks like. Looks great not going to lie.

I'm running Terraria on Windows 7 so the texture pack worked.

Capture 2019-12-23 11_47_51.png

As for the MacOS problem, I have no clue if it works lol.

I installed Windows 7 years ago on the same Macbook Pro (dual-boot is possible via BootCamp) and I haven't touched my Mac system ever since.

Quite nice. However, personal recommendation; instead of making the NPCs MLP characters how about just Ponyfiying them? What I mean is, take an NPC and just sorta turn them into a Pony version of themself. My issue with making characters like the Dryad Fluttershy and all that is it makes their dialogue a bit weird. Such as Fluttershy saying that she's 500 years old or Rarity having visions of throwing someone into the Dungeon. I'm not forcing you to do anything, it's just a personal recommendation of mine.

I very much prefer using the show characters like how it is now. I probably won't use the mod if the characters change into different characters.
The final update comes out 1 hour after I post this.
They've added official support for texture packs, I don't know if that will help or not.

Is this project planned to be updated for 1.4?
Same question here will this be updated to 1.4?~

I haven't played 1.4 yet myself (waiting for some friends), i do know the body and arms spritesheet are merged into one file now. I would have to have a look how it works and change all the armor, vanity and player sprites, it is probably going to take a while...

Fyi i kinda lost interest into mlp over the last couple of years and am now working on another mod for tmodloader. Also busy with irl stuff in general.

(Hmm, why didn't i receive any mail for all those new messages i wonder...)

Fyi i kinda lost interest into mlp over the last couple of years and am now working on another mod for tmodloader. Also busy with irl stuff in general.
That's a massive shame. This is one of the most well put together texture packs for any game I've ever played. I'd hate to see this project die; I dunno if I can go back to playing Terraria as a human.
I'm a programmer and while I'd like to say I want to help in any way I can, I haven't the foggiest of what needs to be done to convert it to the new format. Add me on Discord (Rock#4896) if you want to try to work together to update it, worth a shot.

I am playing 1.4 right now and i can already tell a lot of the new vanity items are not going to work, looking at you zoologist! (The tail vanity for example) After i finished my playthrough (just killed eoc) i will have a closer look at the new spritesheets and how i need to convert them

I'd love to see this for 1.4, for now I'll wait till it's released if it doesn't get discontinued. Cheers to the pack!

Back
Top Bottom