Items Moar Food Now!

Surveyor

Eye of Cthulhu
More food related items in Terraria because why the :redspin:not.

Fruit

- Obtained from trees like acorns. Not all trees will have fruits due to the species.
Maybe 1 in 5 trees will bear fruits.
Some example of fruits can be,

(Angelic) Pear
for Hallow Trees

(Flesh/ Meat/ Blood) Orange
for Crimson Trees

(Corrupt/ Cursed) Grapes
for Corruption Trees

Banana
for Jungle Trees
Extra: Chopping jungle trees with bananas will have a rare chance to drop a new pet item called the Ultimate Banana.
Ultimate Banana - summon a pet monkey that can climb on your back. It flies with a cape

Apple for common Forrest Trees

Cabbages/ Beans/ Potatoes/ Watermelons

- Planted from seed sold by a new Farmer npc or any other ways

Ice Cream

- Any Fruit + 1 Ice Block + 1 Wood

Red Wine

- Sold by Travelling Merchant (He hasn't travelled enough if he doesn't have this)

Cooking Pot Recipe
Salad

Any Fruit + Cabbage/ Mushrooms/ Pumpkin

Cooked Meat

Any caught critters like bunny, bird, duck, squirrel and penguin
(More uses for them like seriously)

Bowl of Spoils

Bowl + Rotten Chunk + Vile Mushroom
(Inflict poisoned debuff upon consuming)

Can of Beans

Tin Can + Beans

Extra
Cloche

In case you don't know it's this piece of thing ↓
restaurant-cloche-19760691.jpg

Can be right-clicked for a 10 minute Well Fed buff

Mechanics
If food are to be expanded upon, people will expect a hunger system/bar or something.

Here's my suggestion, when player doesn't consume anything (including potions) in a 15 minute time period,
a "Hungry" debuff will appear. This debuff causes movement speed to reduce by 5% and reduce health regen.

If you want to go further, not consuming anything for three days straight in-game (one and a half hour),
a "Starving" debuff will appear and player slowly losses health.

Thanks for the read. The end.

Last edited:
If food are to be expanded upon, people will expect a hunger system/bar or something.

Here's my suggestion, when player doesn't consume anything (including potions) in a 15 minute time period,
a "Hungry" debuff will appear. This debuff causes movement speed to reduce by 5% and reduce health regen.

If you want to go further, not consuming anything for three days straight in-game (one and a half hour),
a "Starving" debuff will appear and player slowly losses health.
No. The mere mention of a hunger bar causes Terrarians to fly into a rage. Remove this before the angry mob arrives, please!

I mean, I do like the food and pet ideas. The hunger is meh, but honestly it could work if it's a period of days before you're debuffed. But still, I'd rather there not be awkward debuffs you have to watch out for all the time.

The hunger seems kinda pointless doesn't add much difficulty if you have a :redspin: load of food in your back pocket.
This reply might be redundant because I don't want hunger either but it can add some difficulty in the beginning of the game. Zombies are still in hardmode but they don't add much difficulty :dryadtongue:

please no hunger stuff, but the food ideas are awesome. I think the orange should be a Blood orange, which is a real fruit, and would make more sense for the crimson

Back
Top Bottom