Moar ways to farm bait efficiently??

Ender Rebel

Official Terrarian
How does one AFK permanently while farming bait at a large rate? I have tried the flower boots and yoyo trick, but it isn't fully afk.
The flare trick works quite efficiently, but I have to shoot flares every 10 minutes, making it not so afk.
Golden bug net? The grass destruction rate is too slow to rapid farm...
Any other ideas??

I'm not sure why exactly you wish to AFK farm baits. As far as I can tell, the most efficient way of farming baits is buffing your fishing power up the :red:, then go for crates. You usually end up with so many Master baits they'll last you forever, along with a lot of the other baits. Just need a bit of luck to start the cycle and the fishing accessories definitely help.

I'm not sure why exactly you wish to AFK farm baits. As far as I can tell, the most efficient way of farming baits is buffing your fishing power up the :red:, then go for crates. You usually end up with so many Master baits they'll last you forever, along with a lot of the other baits. Just need a bit of luck to start the cycle and the fishing accessories definitely help.
I spent about 2 hours in the jungle farming bait, and besides fishing, a stack of buggys sells for like 25 gold. Its insane, considering pre-hardmode, and also the flare farm efficiency. But I want it afk...
Kinda like a money generator with more than 1 use.
Also I don't have that much fishing power to get crates fast.

I spent about 2 hours in the jungle farming bait, and besides fishing, a stack of buggys sells for like 25 gold. Its insane, considering pre-hardmode, and also the flare farm efficiency. But I want it afk...
Kinda like a money generator with more than 1 use.
Also I don't have that much fishing power to get crates fast.

I didnt bother with fishing power, I just used sonar and crate potions. I never saw a need in AFK farming bait.... you get more than enough quite easily while you play. Your best bet is to look to YouTube.

Speaking of that. You can farm some worms by destroying background rocks, the most of them appear during rain. These only get better when you combine them with stars. Also there are fireflies/lightning bugs sometimes at night. I remember having like 50 worms in equipment, I started fishing crates. Got like 100 wooden, 30 iron and 10 golden. Opened all of them in hardmode and got like more 100 baits... So no, just no...

Make massive platforms of grass and glass underneath (1 block thick) then when the grass is all grown, use actuators on the blocks, all the worms fall, then you pick them up.
Not really afk..but It works well. Maybe set it to a timer? i dont know.
Yrimirs video explains better, you may want to check that out

As per above, I would change Yrimir's setup to jungle. Make a massive, massive, jungle bait farm and stand under it, come back every 10 minutes and pull the lever.

As good as AFK as you'll get as bait catching requires you to swing your net.

As per above, I would change Yrimir's setup to jungle. Make a massive, massive, jungle bait farm and stand under it, come back every 10 minutes and pull the lever.

As good as AFK as you'll get as bait catching requires you to swing your net.
But, only ~8 buggy, sluggy or grubby spawn at a time. So that kinda defeats the purpose.
This sounds like an automated Mushroom farm in a sense.

Grasshoppers are fine. Fishing power is not really a big concern. I've watched my fishing power swing by 100 points going between different times of day and rain conditions, and it really made no appreciable difference in what I caught. You just want to be sure your body of water is large enough that you're not catching grey trash items, and you're fine.

So, flower boots, golden bug net, tape down the mouse button, and go watch a movie. When you come back you'll trivially have enough bait to get a huge pile of crates that will yield tons of journeyman and master baits.

This also implies you need to somehow auto walk from side to side...
How?
Also, flower boots are obtained in jungle shrine chests

Grasshoppers are fine. Fishing power is not really a big concern. I've watched my fishing power swing by 100 points going between different times of day and rain conditions, and it really made no appreciable difference in what I caught. You just want to be sure your body of water is large enough that you're not catching grey trash items, and you're fine.

So, flower boots, golden bug net, tape down the mouse button, and go watch a movie. When you come back you'll trivially have enough bait to get a huge pile of crates that will yield tons of journeyman and master baits.
Isn't that what I precisely highlited at the main post that isn't effective?

Isn't that what I precisely highlited at the main post that isn't effective?

I'm not responsible for you being wrong. I've done it. I left the game running for about 2 hours while I did something else and came back to some 300 grasshoppers and 100 worms. A couple of percentage points of fishing power doesn't matter at all.

Back
Top Bottom