Mobile Mobile 1.2.4 LIVE in the next 24-48 hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got the update on gp and liked the updated app icon, loaded the game fine then i get crashed out of the game while it was creating a world in a out of memory kind of way... get really worried that i wont be able to play the update and try to freeze every non needed app i have to save ram (froze 41 apps including gp store, gp games, gp services lol)
IT GOT PAST THE CREATE WORLD AND GAME BOOTED! Big relief my poor 512 mb device was pushed to the limits with this update but its can handle the job...
Liked the changes i saw in the world and the xmas bunny and slimes are cute xD
Few thoughts:

1. However i noticed some very small lag that i think was not present before the update like when game auto saves it lags for 1 second and when i move theres small lag wonder if its a ram thing again?
2. Can you make a disable autosaves option just like in pc for those who need this
3. Is there a possible way to make graphics options in mobile version just like in pc? Low end phone users could turn off things like backgrounds and set the visual quality to low or medium to get more speed
4. For the guys who make big worlds: There are many apps that backup your app data you should use them to backup your worlds if you are afraid that an update will delete them xD
5. I Saw in a pic that ios got a video option in the start menu? what is it and why android aint got it?

Anyway im going to wait for the bugfix before i start my playthrough and cant wait for the amazon release for the terraria i got as a gift back in last xmas :D
Looks like i will need a new phone to play 1.3 when/if it comes i noticed some minor lag in the last minecraft updates too guess its time to do a big hardware upgrade again need a small phone with good specs i dont like big sized galaxy 5s lol.

And funny thing i tried to create a large world in a 1.0.3.8 pc version on a pentium old school pc... it managed to create it after 2 days lol xD
PC looked like frozen on many parts of the creating loading but it unfroze after long time and progress moved a little every time... funny s**t

Thanks to the devs for the hard work this xmas period will be better than last year we got 1.2.4 in this game, minecraft pe will get another update soon, survivalcrafts dev returned after half a year and says update is near and block story got an update too a few days ago good times to be a pixeleted/block based mobile games fan :)
This was another good year in terms of updates for all 4 of my favorite games and i hope next xmas 1.3 will be here and minecraft pe has same amount of content as pc.
If only Half Life 3 came and a new command & conquer would be released then it would be like living in paradise :(
Well time will tell...

Last edited:
Guys, I'm really disappointed with myself! I thought the duke fishron fight was going to be easy! Even with full beatle armour, all of the buffs possible and boss fighting accessories, I am still not able to beat him! By the way getting truffle worms is not a problem as I farmed around 35 in preparation! What tips do you guys have for the fight? Also I used scourge of the corruptor as that is the most recommended weapon!
Edit: Managed to beat him using vamp knives, he dropped flairon first time! After that the tables turned and now I have all his items (Third time I beat him he dropped warding fishron wings)

Last edited:
I don't think the map size would be different with the mobile update, otherwise older existing maps might not be compatible any longer.

Unlike many games, Terraria doesn't have static levels that can be loaded/unloaded as you play - the entire world must be available in memory at all times. Device limitations dictate how big worlds can be.

I am torn between believing if these bugs are true or false. It seems unbelievable that they weren't fixed between August-December onward. Major ones too, such as the truffle worm bug which may just be bad luck.
Truffle worms dont spawn underground. They only spawn on the surface. FINALLY! Mr. Truffleluffle has some friends! :p

@Loki

I just figured out why golem wasnt working... Massive derp on my part, i was on a pre-plantera world and had just dug into the temple in persuit of some power cells. Sorry, you can take that of your bug list

Wait what? Are some of you saying you fought duke fishron on mobile?
Cos i spent 3 hours in the undergroung mushroom looking for a truffle worm that supposedley isnt in the mobile game files yet.

Guys, I'm really disappointed with myself! I thought the duke fishron fight was going to be easy! Even with full beatle armour, all of the buffs possible and boss fighting accessories, I am still not able to beat him! By the way getting truffle worms is not a problem as I farmed around 35 in preparation! What tips do you guys have for the fight? Also I used scourge of the corruptor as that is the most recommended weapon!
Edit: Managed to beat him using vamp knives, he dropped flairon first time! After that the tables turned and now I have all his items (Third time I beat him he dropped warding fishron wings)
Wait did u fight duke fishron on mobile? HOW?

You don’t understand at all. We started to get annoyed after they kept delayig it, but we accepted it because the delays were to fix bugs. Now, after being DELAYED for MONTHS to FIX BUGS, this update has more bugs than when 1.2 came to mobile.
Dude, it means you should get a better, high end phone. the only bug i've had is the pink lines and crashing from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom