**REPORTED** [Mobile 1.4.4] Shell phone not working in Classic

apomb

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Pixel 5
Mobile OS
Android 13
Just crafted the shell phone on mobile, and when I tap on it, it makes the noise, but nothing happens. I now have no way to return unless I use potions or I find another magic mirror or something. Has anyone else had this issue?

Just crafted the shell phone on mobile, and when I tap on it, it makes the noise, but nothing happens. I now have no way to return unless I use potions or I find another magic mirror or something. Has anyone else had this issue?
Hi @apomb I‘ve just tried using the shell phone in mobile and it works fine for me.

Same happened to me, also Shellphone don't have any information and tooltips
I have just gotten it to work by talking to the guide. While talking to him, I selected it in my inventory (it was not in his menu). It started working properly after that.

I see the problem now. The shellphone will work in a Journey mode world. It does not work in a Classic world. Thanks for the report, I have sent the details on.
I got it to work by talking to the guide and selecting the shell phone in my own inventory, the description showed up after that and the functionality started working.

I got it to work by talking to the guide and selecting the shell phone in my own inventory, the description showed up after that and the functionality started working.
Thanks for the info @apomb! I tried this out and this workaround works. You don’t even have to talk to the Guide.

Workaround for the Shellphone not working on Classic worlds in mobile. Open inventory, double tap the Shellphone. It then has the description like it should, and sends you correctly to destinations.

Hi I am having the same problem on Switch, I haven't tested it on journey mode, but it does not work for me on classic, and just makes the sound as well. I tried the methods that you guys mentioned, however they did not work for me.

Hi I am having the same problem on Switch, I haven't tested it on journey mode, but it does not work for me on classic, and just makes the sound as well. I tried the methods that you guys mentioned, however they did not work for me.
I haven't tried on switch. This is a pretty crappy bug if we can't find a work around for the other platforms.

Had the same issue with ps5 figured out after reading you guys' messages that I had to hit my interact button while it was in my hand to get it to work and to switch destinations

So I thought mine was having problems, turns out I wasn't using it right. When you have the shellphone in your hotbar, highlight it, then make sure you have your smart cursor turned off, and press the same button you use to open chests. For xbox users it's B. It should cycle through phones, once I did that I was finally able to teleport. Hope this helps
Edit: also if you have an 'Eye Bone' that will mess with it by opening the chest sometimes instead of switching phones

Hey folks,
I've been having this same issue on my Nintendo Switch. I've tried all the recommended fixes in this thread, so I'm fairly confident I'm using it correctly. Not as upset about it, thanks to the Shimmer, but having two more slots would always be nice.

Back
Top Bottom