Resolved [Mobile 1.4] Game constantly crashing. (iPad Air 1, iOS 12.4.8)

This exact thing already happened to me before the update, but it was on an Amazon device. I haven't tried after the update yet though.

Last edited:
The game keeps crashing about every five minutes when playing the game on the iPad Air 1.
Hi there, the iPad Air 1 only has 1 GB of RAM so it needs a bit of your help to run smoothly as it has only the "minimum" requirements instead of the "recommended" requirements. So be sure that you give it the best success for performance by turning all graphics settings to low, as well as any other setting that can be minimized, and I would avoid large worlds (unless you want to deal with poorer performance like crashes).

Here is the info regarding specs:

index.php
iOS

Recommended (Required for use of/playing on Large Worlds and for making full use of graphics settings, etc)

• Metal Enabled Devices (A7 or newer chipset)
  • iOS 8.0+
  • 1.5+ GB of RAM
Example Devices (not all-inclusive): iPhone 6S, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 and newer

Minimum Required (Required to receive and play the 1.3 Update)
  • Metal Enabled Devices (A7 or newer chipset)
  • iOS 8.0+
  • 1GB of RAM
Example Devices (Not all-inclusive): iPhone 5S, iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 2

***Note that devices with higher specifications will naturally see better performance overall and have greater capability for hosting multiplayer sessions, using more intensive graphic settings, etc.***

My device must be low on RAM because I can't load large maps and I can't host multiplayer.

Yeah that was how it was in 1.3 too, I have tried to reduce the MP hosting memory footprint in 1.4 to allow these devices to be able to host locally.

There is a possibility that this could be opened up in a future patch.

yeah, I remember when I had my ipad mini 1, and playing 1.2, I could barely create a expanded world (small world) it was annoying, bc I would enter, play for a minute and then just crash

Back
Top Bottom