Resolved [Mobile] Able to connect locally but not external ip [PC-Hosted Server]

gator5001

Terrarian
hi,

I am able to create a server and did port forward to 7777. I am able to connect to the server by 192.168.x.x but my friend is unable to connect with my external IP from whatsmyip. Can someone help please? We bought the game and want to play it together

This sounds like you have not managed to portforward succesfully. Can you tell us the internal IP of your PC and screenshots of your portforwarding interface?

This sounds like you have not managed to portforward succesfully. Can you tell us the internal IP of your PC and screenshots of your portforwarding interface?
Attached the screenshots as requested.

Attachments

• Internal IP.jpg
    Internal IP.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 86
  • PortForward.jpg
    PortForward.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 88
Hi, I have the same promblem as you and can't join my server throgh external IP. I don't know a lot about how to fix that problem, but I do know that Windows Firewall can sometimes block you from getting into your server so maybe try disabling it and connecting to the server. I'm not 100% sure it will work because for me it didn't, but maybe it'll work for you.

Hi, I have the same promblem as you and can't join my server throgh external IP. I don't know a lot about how to fix that problem, but I do know that Windows Firewall can sometimes block you from getting into your server so maybe try disabling it and connecting to the server. I'm not 100% sure it will work because for me it didn't, but maybe it'll work for you.
Hi, Thanks for the advice! Tried it but was not successful. Don't understand why the external IPs won't work but internal on the same WIFI.

I hope that the mobile version of this game gets the 1.4 update
Hi Ember,
I've had to warn you about htis before - please make sure all your posts are relevant to the thread topic - this thread is about multiplayer technical issues not the update, so isn't an appropriate place to discuss it.
That said, the mobile version is getting 1.4 (no release date yet). If you have any more questions, you should post in a more relevant thread, such as the monthly State of the Game threads.

Hi all,

Manage to solve the issue. My ISP blocks Static IPs. In my case I paid for a one time static IP which is a public IP. my friend then managed to connect from the IP my ISP assigned to me. Check with you ISP guys, Hope this will help.

Back
Top Bottom