Resolved [Mobile] Any way to downgrade to 1.2? (iPad Mini 1)

narrow

Terrarian
I have an iPad Mini 1 and ever since the 1.3 update over a year and a half ago, I have been waiting for a downgrade update but never received one. Will there be another one or do I have to find a way to transport terraria cloud to another device?

I have an iPad Mini 1 and ever since the 1.3 update over a year and a half ago, I have been waiting for a downgrade update but never received one. Will there be another one or do I have to find a way to transport terraria cloud to another device?
If you have an iPad Mini 1, you should see the option to downgrade to the pre-1.3 version which I believe was 1.2.4. You won’t be able to go all the way back to 1.2.

If you have an iPad Mini 1, you should see the option to downgrade to the pre-1.3 version which I believe was 1.2.4. You won’t be able to go all the way back to 1.2
Hey sorry I meant 1.2.4. I never got the update to downgrade it to 1.2.4 ever since the 1.3 update on mobile.

Hey sorry I meant 1.2.4. I never got the update to downgrade it to 1.2.4 ever since the 1.3 update on mobile.
If needs' be I can send a screenshot
Sure, that would help. I’m not too familiar with the process, but from what I understand when you open up the game in 1.3 on an iOS device that doesn’t have the minimum specifications, there should be an option shown to go back to 1.2.4

Sure, that would help. I’m not too familiar with the process, but from what I understand when you open up the game in 1.3 on an iOS device that doesn’t have the minimum specifications, there should be an option shown to go back to 1.2.4
Hi, this is what I see

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    567.7 KB · Views: 69
When you click “Open” from the App Store page, nothing happens?

What happens if you launch the game like normal (without being in App Store)?
when i press open it opens the game like normal but crashes after a couple seconds on the logo screens since terraria doesnt support ios 9.3.5

When you click “Open” from the App Store page, nothing happens?

What happens if you launch the game like normal (without being in App Store)?
Hi, it's been a couple days and I figured out if I deleted terraria and tried to reinstall it it would automatically download the latest compatible version. I'm not sure if this would work or not and my stuff might get deleted even if they are backed up on cloud. Should I do this?

Hi, it's been a couple days and I figured out if I deleted terraria and tried to reinstall it it would automatically download the latest compatible version. I'm not sure if this would work or not and my stuff might get deleted even if they are backed up on cloud. Should I do this?
I don’t think there would be any way to save them if you delete, but if you want to play terraria delete the app and redoubled, maybe even check if you can find the folder of players and word and copy them and back them up and move them into the older version folder once reinstalled(you would have to go to the old files folder)

I don’t think there would be any way to save them if you delete, but if you want to play terraria delete the app and redoubled, maybe even check if you can find the folder of players and word and copy them and back them up and move them into the older version folder once reinstalled(you would have to go to the old files folder)
I dont think i’m able to access files on ios 9.3.5.

I remember deleting terraria quite a few times and my worlds and characters backed up from the cloud had saved. My main concern is if they still would work from the 1.4.1 update and onwards, but there is 5.6 MB of cloud storage of terraria. I'm mainly just waiting on confirmation from Unit before I try it.

I remember deleting terraria quite a few times and my worlds and characters backed up from the cloud had saved. My main concern is if they still would work from the 1.4.1 update and onwards, but there is 5.6 MB of cloud storage of terraria. I'm mainly just waiting on confirmation from Unit before I try it.
If you do the delete and reinstall, your files (even the cloud files) may not be available to you. So that’s up to you if you want to go ahead with it. Theoretically they should be there, but I’ve seen enough wonkiness with the old files and cloud files that I can‘t guarantee it.

If you do the delete and reinstall, your files (even the cloud files) may not be available to you. So that’s up to you if you want to go ahead with it. Theoretically they should be there, but I’ve seen enough wonkiness with the old files and cloud files that I can‘t guarantee it.
My main concern is that, assuming it doesnt work, that’d mean i’d possibly have lost my data and not been able to open it. I also saw a thread on this aswell that you dealt with too in late 2019 with the exact same issue. I’ll try it now.

Back
Top Bottom