Resolved [Mobile] Are existing characters in new worlds overpowered?

ianpwilliams

Terrarian
I’ve noticed that if you create a new world using an existing character then that character starts with everything in their inventory that they had in the other world. Does that not make the character overpowered? And would the new world be any harder to compensate?

I feel like if I started a new world then I would prefer to start with a new character.

Nothing holds you back to get a new smurf. But it makes sense since you cannot get biomes in one world or all accessories. And starting a new one to search for like a Lava charm is pain...

Ah ok didn’t know that not everything appears in a single world.

So is the idea that you have one character and multiple worlds, and you move items between worlds depending on what you want in which world? I’m guessing if you pick something up from a chest in one world and drop it into a chest into another world then it stays in that world?

Do other people usually have several worlds on the go at once? I think that could get a bit confusing.

Ah ok didn’t know that not everything appears in a single world.

So is the idea that you have one character and multiple worlds, and you move items between worlds depending on what you want in which world? I’m guessing if you pick something up from a chest in one world and drop it into a chest into another world then it stays in that world?

Do other people usually have several worlds on the go at once? I think that could get a bit confusing.
Players most commonly use one character for one world. If that world doesn't have a particular item they'll either live with it, or if the really want that item they'll world hop and explore other worlds. However, it is completely valid to use one character for multiple worlds if you'd like. Terraria can be played however you want to play it.

Yes, the inventory (including the piggy bank inventory and safe inventory) stays with the character, and chests stay with the world.

Most worlds contain most every item, but there are some items that may or may not appear in a particular world.

Thanks, I suspect I’ll stick to one character per world.

I’m curious about trying the Xbox One version too, and maybe even the PC version with mods.

Back
Top Bottom