Resolved [Mobile] Cannot connect to pc hosted mobile server

in the same boat as everyone here. is there an easy solution? Thanks
If you're trying to set up a server on the PC and mobile Terraria isn't working, it's likely that the port forwarding isn't set up correctly. It can be difficult for those unfamiliar with it (like me), and there's no easy fix since everyone has a different router and has it set up differently. Sorry I don't have better news @Necttu. Have you tried out the tips and tricks for setting up port forwarding in this article? Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide

Hey there, I've gone through all of the instructions for how to set up a pc hosted mobile server and even set up port forwarding on my router but neither me nor my brother can connect to it via IP. It just says connecting to [IP] forever. What am I missing?
Okay but you are on the same network as the PC correct? If so you'll need to enter in the internal IPV4 of the PC (found by pressing Windows+R typing cmd, then entering in ipconfig into the command prompt)

However your brother will need to enter in the external IP which you can find by visiting this site: What Is My IP Address? IP Address Tools and More when on the same network as the PC hosting the server.
i have a arris router, i did the port Forwarding
disable the firewall
and making myfrend use the external ip.
still not working

Hola
yo también tengo problemas con la conexión al servidor desde una PC, pero en mi caso no puedo configurar el reenvió de puertos, pues el operador tiene bloqueado el modem, me ofrecen habilitar puerto DMZ pero nada mas, que puedo hacer?

I've dealt with about 4 cases that had to do with Windows Firewall blocking communication to the server. First thing I would try is to close down the server then follow the instructions below:

Okay so here's a guide for all versions of Windows. Keep in mind I do not recommend keeping Windows Firewall disabled, we're just testing it to see if that's what's blocking access. How to Disable the Windows Firewall Once the firewall is off you'll need to see if someone can connect.

If it does work then do this: Go back to the general firewall settings turn on the firewall and then on the left you should see "allow an app through the firewall". Click it. Now click the "Allow Another App" button and browse to the TerrariaServer file. Then make sure you can still connect.
The original poster hasn't replied back in a fair bit, but kosmoslayers problem was resolved. Keep in mind that hosting an online server requires you to port forward. I will send you a PM and walk you through it.

Edit: We solved the issue for MoTK. They had a cascading router (a router receiving an internal IP address from another router.) which required an extra set of port forwarding settings on the primary router.

i have a arris router, i did the port Forwarding
disable the firewall
and making myfrend use the external ip.
still not working

Greetings! My friend is having trouble connecting to my server, we did everything u said in the forum but nothing seems to work. Fortunately I was able to connect using my external ip address but it did not work with my friend. Any suggestions?

I find out that my arris router is on NAT. and i can not port forwarding with it on nat.
so i put it on bridged to see if that help but now my wifi is not work, i still can use the internet but on my computer.

WHAT TO SAY BUT I GIVE UP, FLOW WIN. ( flow is my internet providers)

So, I have the same problem as everyone. I started the server using my PC but even I can't connect because I'm on different network than my PC. I've tried using the external IP but it still won't work. Can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom