Resolved [Mobile] Character cannot enter world

NoNameBro

Terrarian
So I have a single world, and 2 characters. With one of the characters, when I enter the world, the loading screen pauses when the text says "Settling Liquids 50%." It then goes into the world like normal. With the other one, when I try to enter the world, the game gets stuck on the "Settling Liquids 50%" text and it stays like that. I'm unable to enter the world as this character. I made a new world and tried entering it with the character that I couldn't enter my main world with, an it worked just fine. I will say, when trying to enter my world with the character that doesn't work, the game jumps frames. What I mean by that is when the clouds in the background are moving, the game jumps frames and the clouds teleport to a different position, and continue behaving like normal. But then the games doesn't load the character into the world. I really need help with this, please let me know how to fix it!

I think it may have to do with a map data with a cheated or whatever world, so maybe delete the map data if you went onto a cheated world. And if that doesn’t fix it, maybe send the world file.

So I have a single world, and 2 characters. With one of the characters, when I enter the world, the loading screen pauses when the text says "Settling Liquids 50%." It then goes into the world like normal. With the other one, when I try to enter the world, the game gets stuck on the "Settling Liquids 50%" text and it stays like that. I'm unable to enter the world as this character. I made a new world and tried entering it with the character that I couldn't enter my main world with, an it worked just fine. I will say, when trying to enter my world with the character that doesn't work, the game jumps frames. What I mean by that is when the clouds in the background are moving, the game jumps frames and the clouds teleport to a different position, and continue behaving like normal. But then the games doesn't load the character into the world. I really need help with this, please let me know how to fix it!
Hi there @NoNameBro, have you used third-party apps (like zerotier, any apps related to Terraria that are not the main game, all item worlds, texture packs, etc) or gone on any public servers (like terraria one)? It’s okay if you have, just need to know.

I think it may have to do with a map data with a cheated or whatever world, so maybe delete the map data if you went onto a cheated world. And if that doesn’t fix it, maybe send the world file.
what Greybrynn said, its because of a corrupted .map file, the only way to fix it is to delete the file that has the .map file extension (i had to do this before so I know this workaround works)

None at all, never been on a public server (dark gaming, terraria one)? Because the issue you’re describing is very similar to what happens when players have come from either using third-party tools or been in a public server that may have modifications that can affect the character (even when not on the server anymore). Just trying to make sure there isn’t a new cause. :)

Back
Top Bottom