Resolved [Mobile] Chlorophyte Jackhammer issue

Intel Xeon Ω

The Destroyer
If you use it when there is natural background walls, it won't work (it won't remove anything) but if you go to an area that has no walls or an area with something like Planked walls, it'll function just fine. No other hammer seems to do this. It works fine on artificial walls, and you can transition from artficial walls to natural walls without an issue. The dungeon doesn't really seem to be affected.

Are these background walls you're trying it on surrounded by other background walls on all sides?

If you use it when there is natural background walls, it won't work (it won't remove anything) but if you go to an area that has no walls or an area with something like Planked walls, it'll function just fine. No other hammer seems to do this. It works fine on artificial walls, and you can transition from artficial walls to natural walls without an issue. The dungeon doesn't really seem to be affected.
Hi @Intel Xeon Ω, like iLLuZIoNz mentioned above, hammers (all hammers) won’t work on natural walls if the wall is surrounded. Hammers will work on natural walls if the wall is at the edge.

I grabbed a Chlorophyte Jackhammer and was able to mine up natural wall fine, as long as it was edge wall. Here is an image to help explain:
D88924A6-AA7C-45BA-94F0-BD8179C37475.jpeg

Let me know if that was your problem and I can close this out.

Hi @Intel Xeon Ω, like iLLuZIoNz mentioned above, hammers (all hammers) won’t work on natural walls if the wall is surrounded. Hammers will work on natural walls if the wall is at the edge.

I grabbed a Chlorophyte Jackhammer and was able to mine up natural wall fine, as long as it was edge wall. Here is an image to help explain:
View attachment 247494

Let me know if that was your problem and I can close this out.
Thats what I meant

You have to start it on the edge but then it'll work anywhere you want

Are these background walls you're trying it on surrounded by other background walls on all sides?
Yes

Last edited:
Thats what I meant

You have to start it on the edge but then it'll work amywhere you want

Yes
Then, if I’m understanding your problem correctly, everything is working as intended, and there is no bug. All hammers work this way. I’ll move this to Mobile In-Game Support (since it’s not a bug) and mark it Resolved.

By the way, I merged your three posts into one. A tip for going forward, if you’d like to quote more than one member at once, use the +Quote button on the right.
1584807926083.png

Add as many quotes as you want, then in the reply box, use the “Insert quotes... button.
1584807955611.jpeg

Then, if I’m understanding your problem correctly, everything is working as intended, and there is no bug. All hammers work this way. I’ll move this to Mobile In-Game Support (since it’s not a bug) and mark it Resolved.

By the way, I merged your three posts into one. A tip for going forward, if you’d like to quote more than one member at once, use the +Quote button on the right.
View attachment 247530

Add as many quotes as you want, then in the reply box, use the “Insert quotes... button.
View attachment 247531
Yeah but it's still annoying to have to deal with starting it on the edge of an area of walls given that you could be in the middle of a cave with no area that doesn't have walls (like spider nests, i just either fill them with lava or blow them up with sticky dynamite until i have an open area that i could hammer)

Back
Top Bottom