Working as Designed [Mobile] Christmas doesn't start after reaching Wave 15 of the frost moon

Wolf653

Terrarian
Mobile OS
Android
IMG_20201122_204310.jpg

Correct me if i'm wrong but you only need to get to wave 15 with the 5 bonus waves being optional in order to start the christmas season according to the wiki
I believe due to this bug the season rather triggers when all 20 waves are complete instead of 15 which can make filling the bestiary 100% rather difficult.

The wiki says FROST LEGION, not the frost moon.
To summon frost legion use a snow globe. They drop from presents.
Glad that you actually got to wave 15. What's your loadout? (e.g. armor, gears, weapon)

The wiki says FROST LEGION, not the frost moon.
To summon frost legion use a snow globe. They drop from presents.
Glad that you actually got to wave 15. What's your loadout? (e.g. armor, gears, weapon)
Presents drop from enemies during Christmas, so if it was the Frost Legion then it would be impossible to get Christmas when it's not Christmas, and that would make completing the Bestiary impossible.

Dreadnautilus5000 said:
Presents drop from enemies during Christmas, so if it was the Frost Legion then it would be impossible to get Christmas when it's not Christmas, and that would make completing the Bestiary impossible.
So wait until christmas! -_-
There is a reason for this is because Santa Claus is a character only related to Christmas! If Christmas ended he will be "slain"
Dreadnautilus5000 said:
impossible to get Christmas when it's not Christmas
So you will get Christmas when it's time for Christmas.
Just wait. It's December 15 to December 31.
As a matter of fact, even if you manage to defeat a frost legion(which should really be a piece of cake for you), Santa Claus still won't spawn UNTIL December 15 when Christmas begins.
And still, the wiki says Frost Legion no matter which way you look at it.
Christmas - The Official Terraria Wiki (gamepedia.com)

Last edited:
“On the Desktop version and Mobile version, reaching wave 15 of the Frost Moon will unlock one in-game day of Christmas, regardless of the date.” I found this on the Frost Moon page. However, I also found this on the Christmas season page: “Reaching the 20th wave of the Frost Moon will unlock one in-game day of the Christmas Event, regardless of the date.”

Thanks to your evidence, it seems that the Wiki is wrong on the Frost Moon page. I don’t believe this is a bug.

“On the Desktop version and Mobile version, reaching wave 15 of the Frost Moon will unlock one in-game day of Christmas, regardless of the date.” I found this on the Frost Moon page. However, I also found this on the Christmas season page: “Reaching the 20th wave of the Frost Moon will unlock one in-game day of the Christmas Event, regardless of the date.”

Thanks to your evidence, it seems that the Wiki is wrong on the Frost Moon page. I don’t believe this is a bug.
I was about to post the same info.

Falloutguy645 said:
Reaching the 20th wave of the Frost Moon will unlock one in-game day of the Christmas Event, regardless of the date.”
Interesting.
Does the enemies associated with the Christmas spawn? Like gift slimes and stuff

But if you really feel like Christmas-ing just set device date to like Dec 21 so you can enjoy the time.
It's not really that "difficult" ... just be patient -_-
Remember, a "wrong" date can cause internet connection problems (due to clocks out of sync and preventing https handshake), while pushing back dates can potentially cause random effects, depend on the system.

But if you really feel like Christmas-ing just set device date to like Dec 21 so you can enjoy the time.
It's not really that "difficult" ... just be patient -_-
Remember, a "wrong" date can cause internet connection problems (due to clocks out of sync and preventing https handshake), while pushing back dates can potentially cause random effects, depend on the system.
On mobile doing this appears to trigger Anti-Privacy for some reason

View attachment 299215
Correct me if i'm wrong but you only need to get to wave 15 with the 5 bonus waves being optional in order to start the christmas season according to the wiki
I believe due to this bug the season rather triggers when all 20 waves are complete instead of 15 which can make filling the bestiary 100% rather difficult.
Hi @Wolf653, like Fallout mentioned, you need to hit wave 20 on frost moon to unlock the one-day out of season Christmas event.

Hi @Wolf653, like Fallout mentioned, you need to hit wave 20 on frost moon to unlock the one-day out of season Christmas event.
I think this was actually the same on PC 1.4 at the start too, but then it was modified to 15 waves. I'm glad too, because getting all 20 waves done before 4:30 would require an extremely specific arena, and it would be very tough, even with post moon lord armor and stuff.

So, I think, maybe it's 15 waves now on PC, but mobile still set to start Christmas only if all 20 waves are cleared (which is almost impossible to do)?

I think this was actually the same on PC 1.4 at the start too, but then it was modified to 15 waves. I'm glad too, because getting all 20 waves done before 4:30 would require an extremely specific arena, and it would be very tough, even with post moon lord armor and stuff.

So, I think, maybe it's 15 waves now on PC, but mobile still set to start Christmas only if all 20 waves are cleared (which is almost impossible to do)?
Yes, in PC 1.4.1 it is 15 waves.

Back
Top Bottom