Resolved [Mobile] Controller support

Yes, as of IOS 13 it is officially supported for Apple devices. On Android, it has been a feature for a long time.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: above only applies to 1.2 terraria. Read below posts for more info.

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense, as I have observed on iPad OS 13 (perhaps you refer to all ios, and I was specifically speaking of iPad OS) an Xbox controller being used.

That doesn't make sense, as I have observed on iPad OS 13 (perhaps you refer to all ios, and I was specifically speaking of iPad OS) an Xbox controller being used.
The current 1.3 mobile version does not support controllers. Any videos showing it working are either custom or a hack.

I didn't see a video. One of my friends was doing it on the iPad OS beta 1 at school with his Xbox controller.
If your friend is using a controller for Terraria mobile, they are using some sort of hack or external tool. I will repeat myself: Terraria 1.3 Mobile does not support controllers.

Did 1.2 then? I know for a fact that they didn't use anything apart form an Xbox 1s controller, and they also let me try it on my iPad after installing the beta.
This is also not any special controller for the iPad. This one has also been used for playtesting a game I coded on pc, so we can conclude that it is a regular controller.

Did 1.2 then? I know for a fact that they didn't use anything apart form an Xbox 1s controller, and they also let me try it on my iPad after installing the beta.
This is also not any special controller for the iPad. This one has also been used for playtesting a game I coded on pc, so we can conclude that it is a regular controller.
1.2 Did have controller support, but it was lost when the app was rewritten for 1.3.

Back
Top Bottom