Resolved [Mobile] Game Crashing While Loading the Wolrd

Mr Captain Sir

Terrarian
So, me and my brother have been playing terraria mobile for some time now. Me being on my Amazon Kindle Fire with that having all my data on it, and my brother on an IPad Pro. This morning we got up and began to play, no problem. I had to get off to make them lunch, and during so, my brother calls me over saying “My worlds won’t load.” Sure enough, it wasn’t. Once we selected the designated wolrd, after about half way through loading the wolrd (when the loading bar is in the yellow) the game completely crashes. I try to load one of my world on my Kindle Fire and the same thing happens. The peculiar thing is that it happened at the same time, and on both devices. And it was working less then 20 minutes ago. I decide to experiment with this a little bit, and it turns out that only my worlds with actual data aren’t working properly. I have a world that I abandoned because it didn’t have the Jungle Temple which was older then the world that wasn’t working. I loaded it up, and it worked. I don’t know if that’s of any significance (?) I do a little research on here and I’ve just got a couple more problems to report separate from this one. On my kindle fire, when I try to cloud save my worlds, an error appears, saying: “Google can’t sign you in safely inside this app. You can use Google sign-in by visiting the app’s website in a browser like Safari or Chrome.” I had read the previous posts about you needing to have a google account linked to your kindle, and I did that ahead of time. It still has this error message though. I don’t know if this is error on my side or if it’s something devs can fix. Another problem with cloud save on the IPad, since we could cloud save we wanted to see if cloud saving the wolrds and then deleting and downloading the apps would work. I saved the wolrd that wasn’t loading to cloud save, and tried to load into the wolrd from cloud. It crashed, no surprise there. When we loaded up the game again and went back to look at the cloud save data, everything was gone. The cloud data was completely missing, as if we hadn’t saved it to cloud in the first place. I’m sure there are more problems I will come across, and I will create a separate thread for those when the time comes. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Oh, and please excuse any typos. I’m on my phone and I’m not the best at typing on here. (The image is the error message I get when trying to activate cloud save data on my Kindle Fire.)

Attachments

• B8B3D5A4-E610-4F25-A62A-ED82A47F5EB0.jpeg
    B8B3D5A4-E610-4F25-A62A-ED82A47F5EB0.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 115
The error num. Is close to the 'page not found' one(404), check if terraria is in the cloud
I don’t think that the two errors 403 and 404 have any correlation. After looking up what 403 means, I’ve come to understand that error 403 means Google understood the request, but its forbidden/doesn’t allow it.

Well after reading through some of the other Threads, I see that someone had the same problem. The world is just corrupted and there’s nothing I can do about it. I want to turn this into more of a, why does this happen kind of thread? This is really frustrating and at this point I think I’m just going to stop playing the game, because if this happens I don’t see the point in progressing. Not to mention I was about to kill the last boss in the mobile version, Duke Fishron and then I could say I’ve completely beat the game on mobile. Is there anything 505 can do to prevent this from happening to other players so they don’t have to experience the same frustration I’m going through?

As you’ve gathered from reading other posts, if one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

One of the most common causes is interrupting the save process. Give the game plenty of time to save. A lot of times players speed through the menus, going from one screen to another, not exiting out of the game properly by letting the game finish saving. I’m not sure if that’s what happened in your case, but it is a cause.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

As you’ve gathered from reading other posts, if one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, I'm sorry to say that the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

One of the most common causes is interrupting the save process. Give the game plenty of time to save. A lot of times players speed through the menus, going from one screen to another, not exiting out of the game properly by letting the game finish saving. I’m not sure if that’s what happened in your case, but it is a cause.

Hopefully, you've taken advantage of the extra save slots and manually made backups of the world before it was corrupted, explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Sorry I don't have better news. If you'd like to talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home
Alright. Thanks for taking the time to help me with this, and I hope you have a good day. :)

I have the same problem
Sorry to hear that @Pirato. If one world is consistently crashing on you and won't load, and if you can go into other new or existing worlds just fine, the crashing world is very likely a corrupted game file now and cannot be recovered.

Back
Top Bottom