Resolved [Mobile] Game suddenly stopped reading inputs from my Xbox wireless controllers joysticks, triggers, and d-pad

As i stated in the title i had started up the game and was playing for about about 20-30 minutes including generating the world and all of a sudden the game would not react to inputs from my controllers triggers joysticks or d-pad. however all other buttons continue to work. i have unpaired and repaired, restarted my phone, restarted the app several times, force stopped the app, and cleared its cached data. i do not know what im supposed to to do about this as my phone is small and my hands are large making it inconvenient to use the touch controls i understand that a controller update could be the issue but i cannot check that at the moment. if there are any other issues that could be causing this please let me know.

As i stated in the title i had started up the game and was playing for about about 20-30 minutes including generating the world and all of a sudden the game would not react to inputs from my controllers triggers joysticks or d-pad. however all other buttons continue to work. i have unpaired and repaired, restarted my phone, restarted the app several times, force stopped the app, and cleared its cached data. i do not know what im supposed to to do about this as my phone is small and my hands are large making it inconvenient to use the touch controls i understand that a controller update could be the issue but i cannot check that at the moment. if there are any other issues that could be causing this please let me know.
Hi there @Foxy_Terrarian welcome to the forums :)

From the sounds of it, this seems like a connection issue, not really an issue with what the game is doing. Or perhaps your controller needs to be recharged or have its batteries replaced.

i hadn't considered the batteries thank you i will check that as soon as i can. however i do not believe it is a connection issue as the controller navigates my phone just fine including using my d-pad and joysticks. i cant speak to the triggers as they don't serve much purpose navigating my phones UI.

Alright i discovered the issue. the game breaks its ability to read inputs from controllers properly if the screen rotates. i just tried to play and was surprised to find that it worked 100% and then i rotated it so that my volume controls were on top of my device and not below it and then it stopped working like before. so for anyone having similar issues try starting the game with screen rotation locked.

Alright i discovered the issue. the game breaks its ability to read inputs from controllers properly if the screen rotates. i just tried to play and was surprised to find that it worked 100% and then i rotated it so that my volume controls were on top of my device and not below it and then it stopped working like before. so for anyone having similar issues try starting the game with screen rotation locked.
Thank you for sharing what worked for you, this can be helpful for others. Glad you have a workaround solution. :)

Back
Top Bottom