Resolved [Mobile] Hanging on Settling Liquids

Dogbone

Terrarian
My game is hanging on one map at Settling Liquids, usually at 62-70%. I've tried all the solutions (using a different character, hard reset, uninstall/reinstall Terraria) and I'm still having the problem. The game loads maybe once ever 50 or so times if I go on local multiplayer.

Any advice/help?
Running iPhone XR with iOS 13.1. Terraria v 1.3.0.7.3

Heya,

we've seen that in some cases if there's a high amount of liquids moving it can take a while, generally it's a one time process, unless the liquid is infinitely overflowing from the map. If you could upload here the world file we could have a more thorough look. One thing you can do in the meanwhile is enabled the FPS counter in the video settings, during settling liquids you should see a bracket value, if that is still moving it's most likely still trying to settle high amounts of liquid!

But please if you can upload the world here so we can check :)

Yup the FPS value is definitely moving.
Map here:Toronto
Hi there @Dogbone, welcome to the forums. :)

Using your world file, I was able to open the world 100% of the time - it just took a loooong time. I opened it 4 times and clocked each time about 35 minutes. Going off of what Neviskio mentioned I figured you had a ton of water somewhere, and, for me, I normally accidentally flood my underworld. So I brought with me a Super Absorbent Sponge and went looking down in your underworld. You had a bunch pooled up on the left hand side and then a huge amount right above the underworld area on the left all the way near the edge of the world.

I mopped it all up, then saved the world. Now when I open the word it opens immediately, so the water on the left was very likely the problem. I’ll attach the newly saved world file here if you wanted to use it. The only changes I made to the world was removing the water on the left, and leaving a handful of gravestones in the underworld (so many Red Devils!). So if you see gravestones with a character name of “Guide” that was me. Oh, a slime rain came and went (I did not kill King Slime), one of the mechs tried to naturally spawn (I did not kill it), and a blood moon came and went. It’s now around 4:30 in the morning.

Click to enlarge
908D6949-5D0F-45CF-88C0-07CD46B76FD7.png 6048487E-E9BB-4A07-8951-FBCD7E06006E.png 075E7106-5592-4CF4-837C-7B138331E21C.png

After
0B3C229F-59F6-4B25-AA5C-7E54B284C3C7.png

Attachments

• Toronto.wld
    2.6 MB · Views: 179
Hi there @Dogbone, welcome to the forums. :)

Using your world file, I was able to open the world 100% of the time - it just took a loooong time. I opened it 4 times and clocked each time about 35 minutes. Going off of what Neviskio mentioned I figured you had a ton of water somewhere, and, for me, I normally accidentally flood my underworld. So I brought with me a Super Absorbent Sponge and went looking down in your underworld. You had a bunch pooled up on the left hand side and then a huge amount right above the underworld area on the left all the way near the edge of the world.

I mopped it all up, then saved the world. Now when I open the word it opens immediately, so the water on the left was very likely the problem. I’ll attach the newly saved world file here if you wanted to use it. The only changes I made to the world was removing the water on the left, and leaving a handful of gravestones in the underworld (so many Red Devils!). So if you see gravestones with a character name of “Guide” that was me. Oh, a slime rain came and went (I did not kill King Slime), one of the mechs tried to naturally spawn (I did not kill it), and a blood moon came and went. It’s now around 4:30 in the morning.

Click to enlarge
View attachment 227299 View attachment 227298 View attachment 227300

After
View attachment 227301

Thanks! I was draining water out of the jungle and I probably hit the ocean or something. I guess I was used to old Terraria where the water would just despawn in the underworld.

I've got a few corpses down there with pitchforks stuck in them myself. ;-)

Cheers

Heya,

we've seen that in some cases if there's a high amount of liquids moving it can take a while, generally it's a one time process, unless the liquid is infinitely overflowing from the map. If you could upload here the world file we could have a more thorough look. One thing you can do in the meanwhile is enabled the FPS counter in the video settings, during settling liquids you should see a bracket value, if that is still moving it's most likely still trying to settle high amounts of liquid!

But please if you can upload the world here so we can check :)
How do I get the file for the world on mobile? I am having the same problem

Back
Top Bottom