Resolved [Mobile] Help!! Can’t host multiplayer world because it says I do not have enough ram when I have 10 gb+

Mischa.P

Terrarian
Ever since the terraria 1.3 update came out, I have been unable to host a multiplayer world. When I tap on the host button, the game pauses and then tell me you do not enough ram to host a multiplay game. I have 10 gb + of ram and my iPad is an iPad mini 2. I have put in a bug report and have put a post on this thread but no one was able to solve it. Pls help!!!!!!

FE134B16-365A-4F3A-8DC2-2A7FAB025BAE.png

Ever since the terraria 1.3 update came out, I have been unable to host a multiplayer world. When I tap on the host button, the game pauses and then tell me you do not enough ram to host a multiplay game. I have 10 gb + of ram and my iPad is an iPad mini 2. I have put in a bug report and have put a post on this thread but no one was able to solve it. Pls help!!!!!!
HI there @Mischa.P, from the information that I see an iPad Mini 2 has 1 GB of RAM. You might be getting RAM and how much storage space your tablet can hold mixed up. They are two very different things. A device with 1 GB of RAM, like the iPad Mini 2 has, does not have enough power to host a world on multiplayer.

In your earlier post back in September you mentioned that you had an iPad Mini 4 (which has 2 GB of RAM and can probably host multiplayer worlds), so that is why you were given an answer that your tablet should be able to work.

But if you have an iPad Mini 2, and not an iPad Mini 4, then it's not enough power.

Thank you for replying, I am saddened to hear that. Is there any other way to have a friend in my worlds?
Not unless you host the world on a different device. Play on a different ipad, or set up a dedicated server on the computer that mobile devices can connect to. This takes being savvy with port forwarding and isn't an easy set up if you're not familiar with it.

Back
Top Bottom