Resolved [Mobile] Help!! NPC's don't move in!!

Can you give us a screenshot of one of your valid houses?
XnQyTWO.png

That is definitely valid housing and great design btw. This is definitely a topic the devs need to look at. The spawning system may have something to do with it although I haven't run into that particular issue before.

Which mobile platform are you using Vcrowe?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I've already met the requirements.
I'm getting the messages that they want to move into a home.
But they still do not move in.
For what I am 90% sure is the very reason I mentioned above (reduced mob spawn rate), since I looked at some code snippets, and as far as I can tell they're both controlled by NPC.spawnRate and NPC.maxSpawns, which explains why mob spawning decreases when near NPCs, as well as why NPCs are such a hassle to get into a home since 505games/Codeglue felt the need to unnecessarily decrease the spawn rate.

And before someone else mentions requirements, the problematic NPC at the moment is the guide. The guide has no special requirements. I've gotten messages that he wants to settle down multiple times now - I still have four valid houses - yet he refuses to move in.
Do you have walls,a 6 by 10 home,a chair,a table,and a light in every house,if so then just wait ant it will say they arrived,which means they moved in

I think I know something, maybe that npc is truffle. Because truffle cant live in the normal home. He need Home with mushroom wall,mushroom chair and etc

Which mobile platform are you using Vcrowe?

Android, CM11. Tried on a stock version even though that rarely causes any changes, and still having problems.

Have you filled in the requirements to get that Npc? Not just the housing requirement?

I think I know something, maybe that npc is truffle. Because truffle cant live in the normal home. He need Home with mushroom wall,mushroom chair and etc

Please read:

And before someone else mentions requirements, the problematic NPC at the moment is the guide. The guide has no special requirements. I've gotten messages that he wants to settle down multiple times now - I still have four valid houses - yet he refuses to move in.

I have this problem currently. Every NPC moves in no problem including party girl, santa, pirate etc. However there is one NPC with a name that starts with M that always wants to settle down and never moves in. I have like 4 rooms available. Not sure the problem.

I've even recently had like 4 NPCS die in an epic battle of destruction. They all moved back in. M dude still wants to settle down and never does.
The M guy is probably Maitake, the Truffle. On Mobile, he's bugged or something because I have a completely valid house available in an above ground mushroom biome and he won't settle his mushroomy butt down.

The M guy is probably Maitake, the Truffle. On Mobile, he's bugged or something because I have a completely valid house available in an above ground mushroom biome and he won't settle his mushroomy butt down.
It was the Truffle and he finally moved in I had to add more mushroom dirt area before he did.

Guide is a pain in the arse sometimes. Sometimes he will take a couple logins to actually move back in. Try making another house and see if it’s the environment around that one house he doesn’t like. I’m having problems with a Chardonnay... charoney? Whatever NPC it is as they want to move in but don’t. Probably the truffle thinking about it.

Your house isn't big enough. The requirements for building is 10 blocks width and 5 blocks tall and i think the rest is fine

Back
Top Bottom