Resolved [Mobile] Help!! NPC's don't move in!!

darknight681

Terrarian
(Mobile help) Hi everyone I just started playing and I've heard about some NPC's and I thought "Cool!" Then I did research on how to make an npc house and I filled all the requirments and made some. Now the problem is the NPC's apparently don't wanna move in! Pls help. (Look at my profile pic to see the npc houses)
P.S. I don't know how to post a screenshot so can I have some help on that?

I have this problem currently. Every NPC moves in no problem including party girl, santa, pirate etc. However there is one NPC with a name that starts with M that always wants to settle down and never moves in. I have like 4 rooms available. Not sure the problem.

I've even recently had like 4 NPCS die in an epic battle of destruction. They all moved back in. M dude still wants to settle down and never does.

Have you met the requirements for them to move in?
You mean table table, chairs, light source, walls and such? yes
[DOUBLEPOST=1419282119][/DOUBLEPOST]Many of the other NPCs have moved into different rooms after being killed. They have cycled around. So right now i have rooms open that some NPCs already lived in before. Yet this M guy still says he wants to settle down then never moves in.

You mean table table, chairs, light source, walls and such? yes
[DOUBLEPOST=1419282119][/DOUBLEPOST]Many of the other NPCs have moved into different rooms after being killed. They have cycled around. So right now i have rooms open that some NPCs already lived in before. Yet this M guy still says he wants to settle down then never moves in.
No like (in console, and PC also probably mobile) you have to have 50 silver for a merchant to move in , you have to defeat a boss for the dryad to move in, and more.

No like (in console, and PC also probably mobile) you have to have 50 silver for a merchant to move in , you have to defeat a boss for the dryad to move in, and more.
Ya i understand that. But they don't try to move in until you have met the criteria. I have a guy who i get the message for "M wants to settle down" but he doesn't. You don't get the merchant message for example until you meet the criteria. After you get the message until you have a room

@Craftamus the Shadow King I will have to try that

@darknight681 We have the same issues.. If my issue is solved OR yours we would both know the solution. Every comment in this thread is helping you

Ya i understand that. But they don't try to move in until you have met the criteria. I have a guy who i get the message for "M wants to settle down" but he doesn't. You don't get the merchant message for example until you meet the criteria. After you get the message until you have a room

@Craftamus the Shadow King I will have to try that

@darknight681 We have the same issues.. If my issue is solved OR yours we would both know the solution. Every comment in this thread is helping you
If that doesn't work, try going to here

Then after that, here's the list on the requirements for the NPCs to spawn.

Hope that can help out! If not, report it to 505Games

I have this problem currently. Every NPC moves in no problem including party girl, santa, pirate etc. However there is one NPC with a name that starts with M that always wants to settle down and never moves in. I have like 4 rooms available. Not sure the problem.

I've even recently had like 4 NPCS die in an epic battle of destruction. They all moved back in. M dude still wants to settle down and never does.
I have this same problem except it's chanterelle (which sounds like a feminine name to me) I have plenty of open rooms and others will move in but she won't I came to the conclusion it's a very weird bug since I have all of the female NPCs (unless angler is a girl)

Guys plz halp I have defeated 2 bosses but a Druid hasn't come and I have a npc livable house
[DOUBLEPOST=1420325095][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys plz halp I have defeated 2 bosses but a Druid hasn't come and I have a npc livable house
I have defeated skeletron and the eye of Cthulhu

I'm having similar problems with NPCs moving in. I get constant messages of "X wants to settle down", but they never move in despite my having four valid houses ready. I believe NPC spawning is controlled by the same mechanics as mob spawning, and since the mob spawn rate has been heavily decreased on mobile, that may have something to do with why they constantly don't show up.

I'm having similar problems with NPCs moving in. I get constant messages of "X wants to settle down", but they never move in despite my having four valid houses ready. I believe NPC spawning is controlled by the same mechanics as mob spawning, and since the mob spawn rate has been heavily decreased on mobile, that may have something to do with why they constantly don't show up.
I have plenty of macs, they have requirements to move in such as Druids need you to defeat a boss,merchants need you to have 50 silver coins or more,here is a link for requirements
[DOUBLEPOST=1420414861][/DOUBLEPOST]http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC
Go to the bottom of the page

I have plenty of macs, they have requirements to move in such as Druids need you to defeat a boss,merchants need you to have 50 silver coins or more,here is a link for requirements
[DOUBLEPOST=1420414861][/DOUBLEPOST]http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC
Go to the bottom of the page

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I've already met the requirements.
I'm getting the messages that they want to move into a home.
But they still do not move in.
For what I am 90% sure is the very reason I mentioned above (reduced mob spawn rate), since I looked at some code snippets, and as far as I can tell they're both controlled by NPC.spawnRate and NPC.maxSpawns, which explains why mob spawning decreases when near NPCs, as well as why NPCs are such a hassle to get into a home since 505games/Codeglue felt the need to unnecessarily decrease the spawn rate.

And before someone else mentions requirements, the problematic NPC at the moment is the guide. The guide has no special requirements. I've gotten messages that he wants to settle down multiple times now - I still have four valid houses - yet he refuses to move in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom