Mobile Mobile Hoiking Problem Solved-ish (Reposted and edited to here)

Alpha Strike

Terrarian
Someone kindly recommended looking here to finish the rest of my "Solution". After finding not much but questions, I've decided to make my own thread somewhat explaining my findings.

Here is my old thread >>> https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mobile-hoiking-problem-solved-ish.68733/

The picture of what I've got so far will be attached.

Here's everything on my old thread that i will copy here if you are too lazy to click the link >>>

(Disclamer, If someone else made something like this, I don't mean to steal your idea. I only figured this out purely by random experimentation.

I'm a new player who started playing Terraria a while back and I gotta say I've gotten pretty far since I played this game for hours upon hours. A huge world to explore, amazing sound tracks, many cool items that will keep me playing till I've found them all. Props to the creators this was definitely worth the $5.

Anyway, I recently learned about Hoiking. Once I found out that I could defeat the dungeon guardian and extract my revenge (I still get nightmares about that jumpscare) , I tested it at my base. Unfortunately the Hoiking that worked on the PC doesn't work on mobile. Still determined, I started experimenting to find out some way I could Hoik, until it happened. I placed a wood platform to my left and hammered it into a staircase facing away from me, and then I placed a wood block 2 blocks above that and when I moved left, I Hoiked. Slowly after a hour of experimentation, multiple Terraria days and even more failures, I ended up making this.

198659-d6e3fad181408b860db0e2f4327e84ae.jpg

The only downside is that you can only move right to left, not left to right plus moving up to down is much faster than moving right to left. I really hope someone could make a fully finished loop and make a picture of it in the comments. On the bottom from right to left, it is staircases and the top area of that can be any block (staircase, normal, idk about the slab though). Good luck and Thx in advance!

P.S.: I'm pretty sure the picture is attached in a file somewhere. Tell me if the picture is bad.)

I will add on to my previous post some things I did not tell you because I did not have enough time.

This is an unfinished version of what I intended to create, and this was created by experimentation while standing on a wood platform with a wood block above my characters head and changing the wood platform with a hammer. I refer to this creation as a loop even though it is unfinished. (The entrance to the loop is where the backward stairs and wood blocks are).

Pros (compared to other mobile Hoiks):
  • Does not require any wires, mechanical stuff, teleporters, and other access stuff. Just wood blocks, wood platforms, pickaxe(if you mess up), and a hammer so it can be created from the very start.
  • Walking NPCs and mobs can mindlessly walk into the loop without the use of a roller (or can be knockbacked into the loop), teleporter, or any other device.
Cons (compared to other mobile Hoiks):
  • As of right now, this loop can ONLY move players from right to left, and from there up. This loop cannot move players from left to right. It can't move players downwards (needs to be tested).
  • Because of the design of the loop, moving from right to left is slower and takes more ticks while moving down to up is more spaced and moves you significantly faster than moving right to left.
  • I guess requires more wood (even though teleporters and wires cost more money).
Let me add that I checked and the blocks that are above the backward staircase that moves you from right to left can be anything (normal block, slanted anyway block, half slab).

I really hope someone could use this idea and figure out how to make a full loop that can move you right to left and left to right and be able to defeat a dungeon guardian with it. If you do find a solution, please share it in the comments because great ideas aren't meant to be in the dark. Wish you good luck and thank you in advance. Have a good night (or day depending on time).

Attachments

• IMG_2336 (1).PNG
    IMG_2336 (1).PNG
    219.4 KB · Views: 108
Interesting. I personally haven't been playing any mobile as I exhausted the main content and wiring stuff is really difficult there, but this is a great piece of innovation that honestly T-MEC needs. Its been extremely quiet for the last 6 months or so.

Hmm. I started on mobile before hardmode was a thing. I had to wait a year for hardmode came out. It’s good to see that hoiks work.

Hmm. I started on mobile before hardmode was a thing. I had to wait a year for hardmode came out. It’s good to see that hoiks work.
Oh don't misunderstand me. I don't mean "any" as in I never played, I mean recently. I have played since long before hardmode too, probably a month after the game came out. And I put that to use in the thread in my description due to having a veteran's perspective.

Oh don't misunderstand me. I don't mean "any" as in I never played, I mean recently. I have played since long before hardmode too, probably a month after the game came out. And I put that to use in the thread in my description due to having a veteran's perspective.
Ok. I didn’t mean that, I’m just saying I’m glad hoiks on mobile work.

Just gonna remind you, the hoik doesn't loop, I haven't developed a way to move the player right and down. I can however move a player to the left connect it to an upward hoik. To do that you will need a backward staircase with a block 2 spaces above it, to the left of that put a flat wood platform and a slanted wood platform one space above, a space, then another one of that (what I said before). This will hoik you to the top of the slanted wood platform then you should be able to normally hoik your way upwards like you would if you had a mount, and riding it would hoik you upward.

Back
Top Bottom