Mobile Mobile Hoiking Problem Solved-ish

Alpha Strike

Terrarian
Disclamer, If someone else made something like this, I don't mean to steal your idea. I only figured this out purely by random experimentation.

I'm a new player who started playing Terraria a while back and I gotta say I've gotten pretty far since I played this game for hours upon hours. A huge world to explore, amazing sound tracks, many cool items that will keep me playing till I've found them all. Props to the creators this was definitely worth the $5.

Anyway, I recently learned about Hoiking. Once I found out that I could defeat the dungeon guardian and extract my revenge (I still get nightmares about that jumpscare) , I tested it at my base. Unfortunately the Hoiking that worked on the PC doesn't work on mobile. Still determined, I started experimenting to find out some way I could Hoik, until it happened. I placed a wood platform to my left and hammered it into a staircase facing away from me, and then I placed a wood block 2 blocks above that and when I moved left, I Hoiked. Slowly after a hour of experimentation, multiple Terraria days and even more failures, I ended up making this.

198659-d6e3fad181408b860db0e2f4327e84ae.jpg

The only downside is that you can only move right to left, not left to right plus moving up to down is much faster than moving right to left. I really hope someone could make a fully finished loop and make a picture of it in the comments. On the bottom from right to left, it is staircases and the top area of that can be any block (staircase, normal, idk about the slab though). Good luck and Thx in advance!

P.S.: I'm pretty sure the picture is attached in a file somewhere. Tell me if the picture is bad.

Attachments

• IMG_2336 (1).PNG
    IMG_2336 (1).PNG
    219.4 KB · Views: 326
Feel free to click on my signature to go to the T-MEC (Terrarian Mechanical Engineering Corps) social forum. There are all sorts of wiring- and hoik-based contraptions there. Most of the stuff is on PC version, but there is some mobile stuff. You might be able to learn a thing or two, if you're interested. `:D

Back
Top Bottom