Mobile Mobile Hosted Server Issues

Hikikomori

Terrarian
My boyfriend and I recently bought Terraria on mobile since we wanted a new game to play together. He’s on android and I’m on ios. We live in different places so local play isn’t usually an option but we’ve been having trouble setting up a server.

We’ve both tried to host a world, with and without a vpn; we have enough storage; we have used both our normal IP address as well as the kind with the vpn; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app; and I have tried to dig trough many forums to find an answer.
Every time we try to join each other’s world (I’m assuming the “online —> add—> input the host’s external IP and use default port” is how it is done; I can have difficulty understanding some things when I can’t see it) we always get a connection timed out screen. I know it could be potentially an issue with wifi, which is very common where we live, but if any one has advice or possible theories I would welcome them. Thank you in advanced.

My boyfriend and I recently bought Terraria on mobile since we wanted a new game to play together. He’s on android and I’m on ios. We live in different places so local play isn’t usually an option but we’ve been having trouble setting up a server.

We’ve both tried to host a world, with and without a vpn; we have enough storage; we have used both our normal IP address as well as the kind with the vpn; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app; and I have tried to dig trough many forums to find an answer.
Every time we try to join each other’s world (I’m assuming the “online —> add—> input the host’s external IP and use default port” is how it is done; I can have difficulty understanding some things when I can’t see it) we always get a connection timed out screen. I know it could be potentially an issue with wifi, which is very common where we live, but if any one has advice or possible theories I would welcome them. Thank you in advanced.
Well you should be creating a server on the latest mobile server on pc(1.3.0.7.9 server)

Well you should be creating a server on the latest mobile server on pc(1.3.0.7.9 server)
My boyfriend doesn’t have a decent computer and I really don’t want to make my dad spend his time changing the router just so I can play a game. He works hard enough as it is so I’d much rather do what I can to keep it simple on a mobile host, not PC.

My boyfriend doesn’t have a decent computer and I really don’t want to make my dad spend his time changing the router just so I can play a game. He works hard enough as it is so I’d much rather do what I can to keep it simple on a mobile host, not PC.
Well, then there is no other way to connect to each other(that I know of, but I’m pretty sure that’s the only way for a distance)

Well, then there is no other way to connect to each other(that I know of, but I’m pretty sure that’s the only way for a distance)
This is not true, please don't provide information unless you are 100% correct.

You need to portforward the port 7777 in your router so that it can pass incoming connections onto your mobile device.

Back
Top Bottom