Resolved [Mobile] How to get rid of pet?

rimeraz

Terrarian
Terraria 1.3.0.7.5 on Android

I found an Unlucky Yarn and equipped it. Then I had this black cat pet following me.

After I learned that this pet does not do anything except floating around me, I sold the Unlucky Yarn. But I still have the cat following me, even after restarting the game.

How do I get rid of the cat now?

Terraria 1.3.0.7.5 on Android

I found an Unlucky Yarn and equipped it. Then I had this black cat pet following me.

After I learned that this pet does not do anything except floating around me, I sold the Unlucky Yarn. But I still have the cat following me, even after restarting the game.

How do I get rid of the cat now?
You can either die or cancel the buff. I'm not sure how to do the latter on mobile, but the former should still work.

Also, none of the pets in terraria do anything. You just sold one of the rarest and best pets in the game...

You can either die or cancel the buff.
Hahaha, thank you for the suggestion but dying won't help. I tried this already accidentially. :D

I wasn't aware that one can cancel a buff. Double tapping/clicking the buff did the trick. 👍

Thanks a lot. Your reply was the gentle push that I needed.

Alright, try not to sell a pet that rare next time, please? It pained me to read that... The only pet which doesn't just float around is the one that stabs you in dark places...

Hello, it also happend to me once, you can get ride of the cat by getting another pet and placing it in yojr equipment slot, then you want to make the slot invisible, that will make the new pet dissapear, now you just take of form the slot the pet and problem solved. Hope this was helpfull

having a pet and/or light pet counts as a status effect. all positive status effects can be removed by double tapping on the buff's icon.

Double tap the buff l, on the left top corner you can see the buffs and the icon of ur pet then click ur pet icon twice

You can either die or cancel the buff. I'm not sure how to do the latter on mobile, but the former should still work.

Also, none of the pets in terraria do anything. You just sold one of the rarest and best pets in the game...
Actually there are a few special pets that do, the pumpkin moon has a pet drop that sometimes flys around you in a circle in a rocket style animation and the rocket actually produces light allowing you to light up the map at a range beyond that of the wisp light pet.

Back
Top Bottom