**REPORTED** [Mobile] Maps converted from 1.2 to 1.3.0.7 are cut off at the bottom

Iconer

Terrarian
Hi, I have recently updated to the new mobile version. All my old converted maps are slightly damaged.
Everything looks fine except the bottom of my map, located in the hell layer. Approximately 40 tiles from the bottom are cut off, the player cannot go lower, he is standing on the bottom of the screen and is standing in the air.
If I look on the map, I see some more tiles under the player. Even a hell house with a door got cut in the middle, see my screenshot.
Has this issue happened to anyone else? Have you found any solution?
9QIbJyL.jpg

Hi, I have recently updated to the new mobile version. All my old converted maps are slightly damaged.
Everything looks fine except the bottom of my map, located in the hell layer. Approximately 40 tiles from the bottom are cut off, the player cannot go lower, he is standing on the bottom of the screen and is standing in the air.
If I look on the map, I see some more tiles under the player. Even a hell house with a door got cut in the middle, see my screenshot.
Has this issue happened to anyone else? Have you found any solution?
9QIbJyL.jpg
Good catch @Iconer, I never noticed that that happens in converted worlds. There’s no fix, it’s a bug.

I suggest sending this info straight to the developers here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Yes, I have posted it. I hope they fix it soon. I have got all my saved games backed up, so I can try to convert them again.

Yes, I have posted it. I hope they fix it soon. I have got all my saved games backed up, so I can try to convert them again.
Sounds good @Iconer. By the way it also happens at the top and sides of the world. I’ve sent in that info as well. Thanks for catching this. :)

Interesting. I haven't investigated the top and sides of my maps yet, but it is good to know.

After some investigating, I think, that 1.2 maps had a thinner margin at each side. The difference is exactly 30 tiles. I think the conversion process should add 30 additional tiles to each side to make the map display properly. I would expect some generated dirt and stone, except sky, where air should suffice.

All My houses are cut in half. I submitted a report. So, all the sides and top are cut off. I made a video showing it.
Thanks for sharing @_SuperiorQuad_. That’s interesting, did you deliberately build houses on the very edges of the world before the update? Nothing wrong with that, it’s just unusual and I want to make sure I understand fully. :)

If you haven’t already I’d recommend sending your info and video straight to the development team here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Thanks for sharing @_SuperiorQuad_. That’s interesting, did you deliberately build houses on the very edges of the world before the update? Nothing wrong with that, it’s just unusual and I want to make sure I understand fully. :)

If you haven’t already I’d recommend sending your info and video straight to the development team here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form
I built my hoses on the edge. I liked the idea of a cloud house, and underwater houses. But I did not know they would by cut off like that. I built the houses before update 1.3

I did submit a report, but the site would not let me enter the video, It keeps saying “enter a URL”. I did put the link but it keeps saying that.

Last edited:
(...)
In Terraria Mobile 1.2, worlds had a different set of bounds/spacing than all other platforms of the game. Thus, after conversion, you might find parts of your world are outside of the area you can reach. This is sadly an issue stemming from changes made in the previous mobile version that potentially cannot be solved in the new version without breaking a large list of other things. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused!
(...)
Well, it looks like they are not going to fix that soon. :(

Finally, I managed to fix those maps, using a custom version of 1.3.x TEdit. Thanks to @tomek_i, who made the plugin. It just needs a little manual work for every map.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom