1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

**REPORTED** [Mobile] Mobile version 1.3.0.7.3 is totally freezing

Discussion in 'Mobile Bug Reports' started by Gemeos496, Sep 13, 2019.

?

Mobile version 1.3.0.7.3 is totally freezing

1. Mobile version

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bug is totally freezing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gemeos496

Gemeos496 Terrarian

After version 1.3.0.7.3, the game sometimes freezes, freezes for about 5 seconds and then returns to normal.
    There is no need to do anything to freeze the game. In previous versions, this never occurred.

2. darthmorf

darthmorf Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hi there Gemeos496, please can you post your device specs for us? It will help narrow down the issue.

3. Gemeos496

Gemeos496 Terrarian

Hi, Darthmorf.
    Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S6
    Model: SM-G920I
    Memory Internal: 3GB RAM
    System Android: 7.0
    Chipset Exynos 7420 Octa (14 nm)
    CPU Octa-core (4x2.1 GHz Cortex-A57 & 4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
    GPU: Mali-T760

Other information in images 20190913_100444.png 20190913_100409.png

darthmorf likes this.
  4. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

How often do these freezes occur?

Do you have any other apps open at the same time?

5. Gemeos496

Gemeos496 Terrarian

Hi Loki, when I'm playing it usually gives these freezes around once or twice per game, sometimes I open the game and in 5 minutes the game completely freezes, about 5 seconds later the game goes back to normal, in previous versions I played around 2 hours and there was no freezing.

I usually clear the RAM before playing to prevent fps drops.

6. Angryhippo

Angryhippo Terrarian DR Studios

In larger play sessions do the stalls stop happening? or do they always occur.

Are they linked to you interacting with new objects?

7. Gemeos496

Gemeos496 Terrarian

I was able to capture the screen the moment it freezes.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  8. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Thanks for the video - I'll let @Angryhippo take it from here.... he is way better suited to ask the right questions. ;)

9. Angryhippo

Angryhippo Terrarian DR Studios

@Gemeos496 I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 - G920F here so I will try and do some analysis to get this fixed for the next patch.

10. Gemeos496

Gemeos496 Terrarian

Thanks a lot, you guys are doing a great job!

11. agentsparrow

agentsparrow Terrarian

I have the same problem. Pixel 2 XL on android 10. Sometimes it freezes for 10-20 seconds. I can still touch buttons and they highlight. I can even go into the settings menu and back to the game. the torches flicker but nothing moves, it acts like when it's paused. Then all of a sudden it'll just start moving again. Started happening after the 1.3.0.7.3 update.

12. agentsparrow

agentsparrow Terrarian

Interestingly, a new character on a new world doesn't have this issue. Original character and world were created fresh after the initial 1.3 release. I'll do some testing to see which character/world combinations cause the hiccups.