Mobile Mobile mods?

TerrarianEagle

Terrarian
Maybe due to the fact that Terraria mobile has *almost* the same content as on the PC, maybe you could try to create a TModLoader version for mobile? I know it can be difficult, but there would be a lot of people who would be very happy with it. But remember, this is just a suggestion!

Mods are probably not coming to Console or Mobile any time soon, the reason being that the owners of the platforms (Microsoft, Sony, Google, Apple etc) require all apps/games to be reviewed and tested before they are run on their platform. Some are more strict than others - even updates must be tested this way. This means that in order for you to get your mod on the platform, ReLogic/505 Games/DR Studios would have to submit the mod's code for review by each company, which is not feasible for a huge number of reasons.

I doubt that this will ever happen. Modders don't really have any interest in the mobile version, so even though a lot of people would like it there isn't any real reason for them to develop TML for mobile. You must remember that doing this would create a lot of work for modders, who already do a lot of work on mods knowing they'll get nothing in return.

Mobile version is just in 1.3 like, come on. Its not even 1.3.1 yet.
Besides this this there are a lot of other issues that come in your way:

• Screen size issues and resolution issues.
  • The sheer amount of buttons most mods use that cause screen clutter. If vanilla mobile Terraria is causing complaints about 'too many buttons' then imagine modded Terraria.
  • RAM/Memory issues. 2GB is absolute minimum requirement for content mods. So, don't expect stuff like Calamity or Thorium.
  • Frame-rate issues obviously.
  • And the absolute deal breaker is that you cannot find mobile Terraria's Main files as easily as in the PC version. And since the main files for Terraria are required for tModloader to even function it's not gonna happen sadly.
Hey, If you want to play Terraria with mods, then get the PC version. It goes on sale almost every holiday for 50% off. Any PC/Laptop with 2GB RAM can run Terraria with most mods. (If you want Calamity then play it without other major content mods to avoid headaches). And I'm saying this from my personal experience.
TL;DR: Mods for the mobile version of Terraria may possibly never arrive due to various limitations and issues. Just enjoy mobile Terraria just you were enjoying it Pre-1.3.

TL;DR: Mods for the mobile version of Terraria may possibly never arrive due to various limitations and issues. Just enjoy mobile Terraria just you were enjoying it Pre-1.3.
I would, yet the control scheme is pretty akward lol.

On topic though, many THIRD-PARTY apps actually download terraria's source code and edit it to make mods/skins THESE APPS ARE NOT SPONSORED BY 505GAMES AND WILL VOID ANY TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

I really want to play calamity and thorium, but i only have terraria on mobile. I just want to know if it is possible in the future.
It's only possible if multiple giant companies radically change their policies, so I'm pretty sure that's never going to happen.

Thanks for all ansewers! I didn't know "technical" side of Terraria, so RAM requirment, for example, is for me something like Español language :D

It may happen eventually. If you want to play mods get PC. I have mobile than I got PC for the more current things you could do the same.

Back
Top Bottom