Resolved [Mobile] Multiplayer hosting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matildax

Terrarian
I have an iPad Air 2 and when I try to host a server it still says I don’t have enough RAM yet I have 5. I closed down all the apps reset the device and still won’t work.

I have an iPad Air 2 and when I try to host a server it still says I don’t have enough RAM yet I have 5. I closed down all the apps reset the device and still won’t work.
Hi @Matildax, I also have an iPad Air 2. :) I was just able to host a local multiplayer world fine.

What steps are you taking to try and host a world? And at what point does the game give you an error? Can you screenshot it and put it here? Where did you get the world that you’re trying to host - did you create it on the iPad, or did you download it from the internet? How do you know you have 5 RAM? What iOS are you on?

@Unit One Thank you for the reply. I just go onto the app then multiplayer then host and that’s when it says I don’t have enough RAM space. Everything else works (except trying to join the larger worlds on multiplayer). I made the world a few days ago on the same device. Also sorry about that I didn’t mean my iPad has 5 RAM I’m not sure how much RAM it has. I’m on the latest update which is 12.4.6. (Sorry didn’t know if I had to @ you or something:

Last edited:
@Unit One Thank you for the reply. I just go onto the app then multiplayer then host and that’s when it says I don’t have enough RAM space. Everything else works (except trying to join the larger worlds on multiplayer). I made the world a few days ago on the same device. Also sorry about that I didn’t mean my iPad has 5 RAM I’m not sure how much RAM it has. I’m on the latest update which is 12.4.6. (Sorry didn’t know if I had to @ you or something:
That’s strange @Matildax, I’m not sure why your iPad Air 2 says it doesn’t have enough ram. Can you tell me the model number - go to Settings>General>About. Then tap the Model number until it shows one starting with an “A”.

Ah, okay, there is the problem. The A1474 is actually an iPad Air, not an iPad Air 2 (which is model A1566). The iPad Air has 1 GB of RAM which is not enough to host multiplayer worlds, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom