Mobile News Update - Online Multiplayer Revealed!

I hope torches n things alike, especially torches get re-coded to stack to 999, then I can stack 999 cursed flame/ichor torches which also work underwater. That would be epic in itself :)

I think they are in stage of announcing the date of the release date of the original release date for terraria 1.3 mobile. (what did I said exactly? :confused:)

I think you might actually be right! The big special announcement MrGameTheory mentioned about in Discord weeks ago is still hidden to the community, and there is a high chance (although it could be something else) that it could be the coveted release date most people have been posting about for years and years! If it is, then mirth and be merry! ~:D

I think you might actually be right! The big special announcement MrGameTheory mentioned about in Discord weeks ago is still hidden to the community, and there is a high chance (although it could be something else) that it could be the coveted release date most people have been posting about for years and years! If it is, then mirth and be merry! ~:D
I will definitely be merry when it’s announced!:merchanthappy: Also, (for everyone on this thread) what is your top three music tracks in the game? Mine are these:
1. Title Screen (PC and soon to be mobile)
2. Solar Eclipse
3. Frost Moon

I will definitely be merry when it’s announced!:merchanthappy: Also, (for everyone on this thread) what is your top three music tracks in the game? Mine are these:
1. Title Screen (PC and soon to be mobile)
2. Solar Eclipse
3. Frost Moon

My top 3 themes are:
1. Plantera
2. 1.3 Underworld
3. Underground Crimson

Fun fact: Plantera’s theme is the only theme that I record a lot with music boxes, although said music boxes are nonexistent and broken in Mobile, which will obviously change soon! ~:p

You can with double tap and hold.

DR is examining ways to make this more fluid and user friendly as well. Stay tuned for more there.

Simple “up to jump” actually creates a lot of conflicts and unintended consequences. That and most folks actually warm up to and enjoy the controls (from my experience and observations) after getting through the learning curve stage. :)
i know im replying late, but id prefer you dont just say we accidentally press buttons. I never had a problem with jumping, or actually doing anything excluding grappling, with the original controls. Even if i did accidentally jump, is it really the end of the world? It doesnt affect gameplay that much if you accidentally jump a couple times. Id prefer the option to use and jump to prevent a couple accidental jumps very rarely. Atleast make it an option.

i know im replying late, but id prefer you dont just say we accidentally press buttons. I never had a problem with jumping, or actually doing anything excluding grappling, with the original controls. Even if i did accidentally jump, is it really the end of the world? It doesnt affect gameplay that much if you accidentally jump a couple times. Id prefer the option to use and jump to prevent a couple accidental jumps very rarely. Atleast make it an option.
+1 or at least the option in the settings to change it back.

Who is this "we" - are you speaking for every mobile player on the planet? I am being a bit tongue in cheek, obviously, but just because you or a group of the global you don't have an experience or issue =/= no one having it. That doesn't still deal with control conflicts (the same command meaning 2-3 things at once, given the context). ;)

As for the control conflicts, I am reading you almost verbatim 1:1 what the folks at DR are saying around this very topic. Given their expertise and level of quality and attention to detail with everything, I'm going with that.

Again, there will be no "change to old controls setting" - there will be further work done to enhance how left stick jump works. That is going to take several iterations. Iterations = time. It is a post-launch thing because the team does not feel that holding the entire game for those iterations would best serve Mobile players. This falls under the category of "sounds really simple to say, much harder to do" - I know that because I asked the exact same question that you did in response to the exact same feedback ("why don't we just add an option for the old left stick jump"). The short version is that MAY be what happens... or something else... but only after the conflicts and the rest are resolved... and it would very much be an optional toggle.

The only real debate then is do you hold back the launch for everyone to take the few weeks of back and forth to do this... or launch and then roll that in with the already-planned customization/etc stuff. Team feels the latter is the way to go.

Apologies if any of that sounds rude, it is not mean that way... text being tone deaf and all of that stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom