Resolved [Mobile] NPCs and events are not spawning on multiplayer world (Ipad 8, IOS 14.4.2)

huspau

Terrarian
Hi All,

I have a journey mode medium size world and I am playing with a friend on multiplayer. I have an IOS tablet and he has an android phone. We have the identical Terraria version (Same version, same build number). I am hosting the game on my device.
But for some reason NPCs are not spawning at all even if all the needed requirements are fulfilled.
Also it seems that invasions are also not spawning. I tried to skip to night and back to dawn about 70 times. (All the requirements were met. Both of us are on 400hp, 3 crimson hearts destroyed and we were standing right at spawn)
What is very interesting that when I close the server and log in to the world as a single player character NPCs and events are spawning immediately correctly. Right after I logged in I got the invasion, and also about 5 npc arrived in minutes.

After I logged back on to the world in multiplayer. We had a boss fight and during that some NPCs were slain. And even if they were already housed, they did not respawn.

I attached the world and also my character to this thread.

Please help me to find a solution, it would be really annoying to always log in to single player just to get some NPCs spawning.

Attachments

• drive-download-20210531T060320Z-001.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 60
  • drive-download-20210531T060512Z-001.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hi All,

I have a journey mode medium size world and I am playing with a friend on multiplayer. I have an IOS tablet and he has an android phone. We have the identical Terraria version (Same version, same build number). I am hosting the game on my device.
But for some reason NPCs are not spawning at all even if all the needed requirements are fulfilled.
Also it seems that invasions are also not spawning. I tried to skip to night and back to dawn about 70 times. (All the requirements were met. Both of us are on 400hp, 3 crimson hearts destroyed and we were standing right at spawn)
What is very interesting that when I close the server and log in to the world as a single player character NPCs and events are spawning immediately correctly. Right after I logged in I got the invasion, and also about 5 npc arrived in minutes.

After I logged back on to the world in multiplayer. We had a boss fight and during that some NPCs were slain. And even if they were already housed, they did not respawn.

I attached the world and also my character to this thread.

Please help me to find a solution, it would be really annoying to always log in to single player just to get some NPCs spawning.
Hi @huspau welcome to the forums, and thanks for including all this detail. :)

Are you playing with just the Terraria app only? Your friend may have their spawn rate setting at 0 (thus making no enemies spawn). Each player has their own spawn rate setting.

Or are you playing Terraria using other apps/websites such as Zerotier or playit.gg? Those other apps/sites may be the cause.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.
I am using the app only for hosting, no external apps or websites are included. My friend also increased the spawn rate.
But we have no problems with enemy spawning. I think I was not specific enough with the term NPC.
I meant the non-player characters that provide services to players and are occupying houses.
In my experience the spawn rate slider does not affect NPC spawning in that sense. For example if the Enemy spawn rate slider is set to the lowest 0.10 and I kill the guide with the Guide Vodoo doll he will still respawn if it is daytime and the freeze time is turned off. Also as per my experience events also start, but without spawn rate the progress bar does not spawn until the spawn rate is increased.

It seems that I solved the problem somehow.
I saved the word and player. Deleted the game and reinstalled it. Also my friend reinstalled the game. Put back the word map and the player and now NPCs are spawning.
I hope the issue will not come back. If yes I will post it in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom