**REPORTED** [Mobile] Purple error blocking out parts of the map after transferring data to latest iPad air

Spctre

Skeletron Prime
Your Terraria Device
iPad Air (latest)
Mobile OS
iOS 14.1
So lately I have noticed that whenever I open my world, random parts of the map would get covered in this purple error. Every time I rejoin the world, the purple spots move to different parts of the map. This all started to occur after I transferred everything from my old iPad to my new iPad Air. This happens on all worlds I transferred.

86FA9D2A-07A1-43F7-BDB6-C0A04D2A1803.jpeg

So lately I have noticed that whenever I open my world, random parts of the map would get covered in this purple error. Every time I rejoin the world, the purple spots move to different parts of the map. This all started to occur after I transferred everything from my old iPad to my new iPad Air. This happens on all worlds I transferred.

View attachment 297978
Strange, thanks for sharing @Spctre. Can you upload this world to look at it better. Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.

Strange, thanks for sharing @Spctre. Can you upload this world to look at it better. Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds
  • Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.

Apparently attaching .wld files doesn't work on ios for me. I will send the world file via my computer instead.

Attachments

• Snake_Grove.wld
    6.5 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
After transferring to a new iPhone, I have also encountered this error. Purple blotches on world map.
E6ECC4A3-2B11-4E0B-8357-5CD574BB8F96.png

Last edited:
No, it will clear up temporarily on the map then return later. But the gameplay itself is fine with no glitches.

Apparently attaching .wld files doesn't work on ios for me. I will send the world file via my computer instead.
Thanks for including the world.

For @Spctre and @Laventry - have you been playing single player exclusively, do you play multiplayer, have you gone on any public servers or used a multiplayer app outside of the base game? Just trying to find some sort of pattern of when this happens. I haven’t been able to reproduce it, but I mainly play single player, so just brainstorming if it’s linked to multiplayer.

For @Spctre and @Laventry - have you been playing single player exclusively, do you play multiplayer, have you gone on any public servers or used a multiplayer app outside of the base game? Just trying to find some sort of pattern of when this happens. I haven’t been able to reproduce it, but I mainly play single player, so just brainstorming if it’s linked to multiplayer.

For my world I have only played in a single player game. The glitch only happened after I did a data restore to a new device from a backup. Prior to the transfer the map looked perfectly fine.
- I have also included the .wld file

Attachments

• Deceased_Ranch_of_Pinky.wld
    6.4 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Those pink/purple error spots are blocks that didn't load properly. it may be that the transfer didn't go properly.<3:redspin:.I am happy to support :dryadsmile::redspin::)

Back
Top Bottom