Resolved [Mobile] Quest Fish Missing

Can't find Quest Fish. I am using mobile version 1.3.0.7.7.
I am using sitting duck (40% fishing power) and Master Bait (50% bait power).
I creating artificial lakes with over a thousand tiles of water, Sonar Potion and Fishing potion, and still can't get a single quest fish.
I got more crates (Wooden, Iron, Jungle, Sky, and Gold crates) than quest fish
I tried fishing for whole 3 in-game days but still can't find one.
I tried doing everything that is said on wiki and player tips about fishing.
I tested if it is a device bug, so I installed terraria on another device but still no. So I thought maybe it was bug on the version of this game.

I creating artificial lakes with over a thousand tiles of water, Sonar Potion and Fishing potion, and still can't get a single quest fish.
I tested if it is a device bug, so I installed terraria on another device but still no. So I thought maybe it was bug on the version of this game.
Just to clarify; you're going to the anger, talking to him and getting that day's quest fish, then going to the correct biome and you don't get the quest fish? Do you get any other fish? Which locations don't work, and can you post a screenshot of the lakes you're using that don't work?

Just to clarify; you're going to the anger, talking to him and getting that day's quest fish, then going to the correct biome and you don't get the quest fish? Do you get any other fish? Which locations don't work, and can you post a screenshot of the lakes you're using that don't work?
Yup, to angler at 4:30 AM. Right Biome, right height.
Just tried fishing again today and still cant get quest fish. My quest fish today is Clown fish. I still get other fishes like tuna, reaver shark, sword fish, bass, bomb fish, wood iron and gold crates, and even pink jelly fish. Fished from 6 AM to 10 PM until I gave up. Im trying to download lower versions of the game now.

Yup, to angler at 4:30 AM. Right Biome, right height.
Just tried fishing again today and still cant get quest fish. My quest fish today is Clown fish. I still get other fishes like tuna, reaver shark, sword fish, bass, bomb fish, wood iron and gold crates, and even pink jelly fish. Fished from 6 AM to 10 PM until I gave up. Im trying to download lower versions of the game now.
Hi @Nodoka-senpaii, if you want to attach your world file here, I can go into your world to see if it happens to me.

Here’s where you can find your world files:
  • Open your Files App and you should see these folders.
  • On Android devices - Android > data > com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid > Worlds
  • On iOS devices - On My <Device> > Terraria > Worlds

Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.

Hi @Nodoka-senpaii, if you want to attach your world file here, I can go into your world to see if it happens to me.

Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post.
I downloaded a fishing map the other day with quest fishes already in chests. I tried to get my daily quest fish but for some reason I cant loot it. I tried clicking loot button and loot all button but i cant get it out of the chest. I even tried dragging it in my inventory but still no. The loot buttons appears to be not highlighted even if i clicked the item in the chest.

I downloaded a fishing map the other day with quest fishes already in chests. I tried to get my daily quest fish but for some reason I cant loot it. I tried clicking loot button and loot all button but i cant get it out of the chest. I even tried dragging it in my inventory but still no. The loot buttons appears to be not highlighted even if i clicked the item in the chest.
For your first issue, I'm still don't think it's a bug - there's got to be something happening. Are you playing on a world that you created in the mobile version, or did you download this map as well? Just trying to brainstorm. If you want to upload your world here I can see if the quest fishing works for me.

For your new issue - where did you get the map? If it's a PC map it's not going to be perfectly compatible with the mobile version. Even though you might be able to play on it, if it was made (or edited) outside of the official mobile game then there may be unintended side effects (like not being able to take a quest fish out of a chest). However, also remember that if you already have a quest fish in your inventory, you won't be able to "quick loot" any more quest fish, you'll have to manual drag it. I see that you mention you tried dragging it, but it then goes back to where did you get the map.

Here i have the same problem...
version 1.3.0.7.7
using sitting duck and any bait and still can't get the fishing quest... i get another fish, crates, equipable items, but no fish quest from angler...
I even tried 8 in-game days here...
and in some other forum, they said that if you got that fishing pole and bait, it would not take even half day ling to get the quest fish...

Here i have the same problem...
version 1.3.0.7.7
using sitting duck and any bait and still can't get the fishing quest... i get another fish, crates, equipable items, but no fish quest from angler...
I even tried 8 in-game days here...
and in some other forum, they said that if you got that fishing pole and bait, it would not take even half day ling to get the quest fish...
Like I mentioned to Nodoka above, if you want to attach your world file here, I can go into your world to see if it happens to me.

Then, here on the forums you can use the “Upload a File” to attach a copy of the world file to your post. You can even attach your character, and I can see if the combo of your character/world works for me.

I’ve never had a problem with quest fishing, so it’s confusing why it won’t work for you. Are you trying to get the fish before a new day starts at 430am? Do you have any mod/cheat/all Item apps? Did you download a world from the Internet, or did you create the world? Just trying to figure out the trouble spot.

that's my second world... i've try 3 world to make sure that this was a bug...

Attachments

• ikaaaaaan-.wld.bak
    5.9 MB · Views: 368
  • ikaaaaaan-.wld
    5.9 MB · Views: 326
that's my second world... i've try 3 world to make sure that this was a bug...
I got the quest fish right away. :)

Going into this world, I asked the Angler what the quest fish was, he said it was Eater of Plankton, found in the Corruption. I went to the right and you have a small lake on the surface in the Corruption. Using only a reinforced fishing rod and journeyman bait, I got the Eater of Plankton on the 5th or 6th pull.

Here’s a pic of me in your world with the quest fish.

A3901A0C-01B8-4C13-83C1-6E8895454C42.jpeg

So there’s got to be something else going on. How familiar are you with fishing? The quest fish will expire each morning at 4:30am, so if it becomes a new day, the Angler will want a different fish. And if you’re not in the correct biome, you can’t catch it.

i already know about the time... 4.30am start, and 4.30am end in the next day... i don't know what happen to my terraria... i will try to reinstall the terraria game...

i already know about the time... 4.30am start, and 4.30am end in the next day... i don't know what happen to my terraria... i will try to reinstall the terraria game...
When you’re fishing are you sure you’re in the correct biome?

i am sure... it's not just 1 fish... but all fish in many kinds of biome, and i still never get the quest fish...

i am sure... it's not just 1 fish... but all fish in many kinds of biome, and i still never get the quest fish...
Sorry, not sure what’s going wrong. I can’t replicate it at all.

If you’re able to take a video or screenshots, that might help me troubleshoot it. Take a screenshot of what fish the Angler wants along with displaying the in-game time. Then take a screenshot of where you are fishing along with the time. At some point during that in-game day, from 430am to 430am you should catch a quest fish.

Sorry, not sure what’s going wrong. I can’t replicate it at all.

If you’re able to take a video or screenshots, that might help me troubleshoot it. Take a screenshot of what fish the Angler wants along with displaying the in-game time. Then take a screenshot of where you are fishing along with the time. At some point during that in-game day, from 430am to 430am you should catch a quest fish.
It could possibly be a problem with the sitting duck from what I’ve read, (I have not had this problem myself since I don’t fish for his quests very often) the fact that @Unit One using a reinforced fishing rod, and getting one right away and that the two people using sitting duck rods not getting anything makes me think the rod might be the problem not the world or version. I haven’t had the time to test this myself, sorry.

It could possibly be a problem with the sitting duck from what I’ve read, (I have not had this problem myself since I don’t fish for his quests very often) the fact that @Unit One using a reinforced fishing rod, and getting one right away and that the two people using sitting duck rods not getting anything makes me think the rod might be the problem not the world or version. I haven’t had the time to test this myself, sorry.
That’s a good thought @JoeThou. I should have used the same equipment for a better test.

I got out my Sitting Duck’s fishing pole, and went back into dehe’s world. I had never given the Angler the Eater of Plankton fish that I caught. I asked the Angler again what quest fish he wanted, to make sure he still wanted Eater of Plankton, since it was still the same day. He did. I trashed the one I already had, and went back to the Corruption lake on the right. It had turned into a blood moon, but I had no trouble fishing up another Eater of Plankton using a Sitting Duck’s fishing pole and Journeyman bait.
3D7E372D-41B7-4731-BD1D-CF2DFEB68626.jpeg

I waited out the night, and when it became a new in-game day at 430am, I asked the Angler what quest fish he wanted. Harpyfish, found in Sky Lakes and Surface. I went to the left and dehe has a surface lake near a mountain. Got a Harpyfish, no problem.
B7620C50-BE11-4357-808F-5815F68EED48.jpeg

I would love to figure out what’s going wrong with Nodoka and dehe’s quests, but so far it’s unreproducable. Video of it would be best, so that we can see and troubleshoot it better, but I know that’s not always easy.

Have either of you tried using a alternative character?
Perhaps see about if you can do a online co-op game and use something to live chat with someone who can help. I've had no issues with fishing it just sometimes takes a while. I also only used sitting duck until i was rewarded the gold rod.

In my experience the 1.2 version would still pull in quest fish if you had one already, i was getting decent catches the other day so i just kept fishing with one in my inventory (already safed a couple) and did not get a another.
Perhaps your character is glitched so the game thinks you can't carry another quest fish, but since there's no item the angler won't react?

Last edited:
Already tried everything...
also reinstal the game, redownload the game, and still not get the fish quest...
also noticed, that in my version, ice platform is missing...
i've already read all forum about ice platform, but in my terraria it seems not possible to create an ice platform...
i don't know what's wrong with my terraria...
i think i should just wait for the next update...

Already tried everything...
also reinstal the game, redownload the game, and still not get the fish quest...
also noticed, that in my version, ice platform is missing...
i've already read all forum about ice platform, but in my terraria it seems not possible to create an ice platform...
i don't know what's wrong with my terraria...
i think i should just wait for the next update...
Hi dehe, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your game. I’ve shown that I can get any quest fish in your world. I’m not sure what’s going wrong, but I don’t think it’s the game.

Frozen platforms were not added to the game until version 1.3.5 which mobile does not have yet.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your game, unless you’ve added in some third-party apps that may have altered it.

Me too. Current quest fish is slime fish. (catch everywhere) but i never get a quest fish. Never. Hotline fishing Rod and master bait i use. Please help. I use fishtopia world. I download this world on internet. Version i play is 1.3.0.7.7 build 289

Attachments

• Fishtopia.wld
    5.6 MB · Views: 570
  • Fishtopia.wld.bak
    5.6 MB · Views: 361
Back
Top Bottom