**REPORTED** [Mobile] Summoning staves do not autoswing

Rel

Plantera
I'm not sure if summoning staves can autoswing on the desktop version. But I would like to request that they be allowed to autoswing on mobile. So that it's convenient to summon the maximum amount of minions.

Interestingly enough, there is one staff that I found that can autoswing. The Sanguine Staff can autoswing and summon minions continuously. While the Tempest, Xeno, Blade, Desert Tiger, Pirate, and Raven staves cannot. The ultimate summoning weapon, Terraprisma, also cannot autoswing.

I think it would be a great addition to the game's final update.

I didn't think any could autoswing. It's not that much of an issue though; the most you'll ever have to click is 11 times, so hardly a great effort.

I didn't think any could autoswing. It's not that much of an issue though; the most you'll ever have to click is 11 times, so hardly a great effort.
Yeah it's not as game changing as allowing all melee weapons to autoswing by default. But it's still a good change. Even if it's just to bring it in line with the rest.

It became apparent when I was attempting to beat daytime EoL. I had to resummon multiple times because, well, it's daytime EoL and on mobile. So I died a lot.

It's also very useful for summoners due to the 22 buff/debuff limit. Sometimes you will get debuffed by the boss or get in range of a random banner. In which case your 'oldest' buff will disappear. And that's usually minions for summoners. Enabling autoswing for summoning staves allows the player to quickly resummon his minions while in the heat of battle.

I'm not sure if summoning staves can autoswing on the desktop version. But I would like to request that they be allowed to autoswing on mobile. So that it's convenient to summon the maximum amount of minions.

Interestingly enough, there is one staff that I found that can autoswing. The Sanguine Staff can autoswing and summon minions continuously. While the Tempest, Xeno, Blade, Desert Tiger, Pirate, and Raven staves cannot. The ultimate summoning weapon, Terraprisma, also cannot autoswing.

I think it would be a great addition to the game's final update.
Hi there @Rel on mobile you have the ability to set all weapons to autoswing in the settings.
1629817526384.png

That may be what you had set when you tested the Sanguine Staff. It doesn’t autoswing unless the setting of Autoswing is set to On. Which is true for all the staffs - they don’t autoswing unless the setting is On.

So when you are doing a boss fight, you may want to set Autoswing to On, and then either keep it On for the rest of your playthrough, or turn it Off. It’s up to you. :)

Hi there @Rel on mobile you have the ability to set all weapons to autoswing in the settings.
Hey, thanks for looking into it. Unfortunately, Autoswing is in fact already On when I test the staves. And only the Sanguine Staff is able to autoswing. Judging by your response, do you think this is unintended? Are all summoning staves supposed to be able to autoswing when Autoswing is On?

In that case, it may be more appropriate to file a bug report. I would also like to clarify that I'm pertaining to summon/minion staves and not the mage class magic staves.

Thanks.

Hey, thanks for looking into it. Unfortunately, Autoswing is in fact already On when I test the staves. And only the Sanguine Staff is able to autoswing. Judging by your response, do you think this is unintended? Are all summoning staves supposed to be able to autoswing when Autoswing is On?

In that case, it may be more appropriate to file a bug report. I would also like to clarify that I'm pertaining to summon/minion staves and not the mage class magic staves.

Thanks.
Ah, I see what you’re saying now. Sorry for my misunderstanding at first. Even with autoswing on, only the Sanguine Staff autoswings. Thanks for catching that. I’ve sent the info along for it to be looked at (and moved this thread into the bug report section).

DR Studios is working on Xbox and PS right now. After that will be Switch. Then they‘ll turn their attention back to mobile. I am not sure if the resolution of this bug would be that the Sanguine Staff would be changed to be consistent with the other staffs (not autoswing), or if the other staffs will be changed to be consistent with the Sanguine Staff.

Reactions: Rel
I’ve sent the info along for it to be looked at (and moved this thread into the bug report section).

I am not sure if the resolution of this bug would be that the Sanguine Staff would be changed to be consistent with the other staffs (not autoswing), or if the other staffs will be changed to be consistent with the Sanguine Staff.
Thank you for your help. And I hope it's the latter ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom