Terraria Mobile 126.96.36.199.9 (Build 390) Update Notes
This update primarily covers bug fixes from the Controller + Customization Update (188.8.131.52.8) as well as enhanced gamepad support.
PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to support all controllers and there is a chance that your gamepad may not be supported, even after the update. If your controller isn’t able to connect or to have its buttons mapped after the update, please check your device setup and consult the manufacturer. Due to the sheer number of third party controllers we’re unable to provide a list of supported or unsupported devices.
Added a new settings option in Controller called Setup Controller Hardware:
If your controller does not have bindings already setup in the game system, but is detected on your device and the game can see it, you should now be able bind the keys to enable you to play with your gamepad.
- Tap on: Settings and open the Controller category.
- Tap on: Setup Controller Hardware to open up the binding menu.
- If your device is detecting multiple controllers which are unsupported you can choose the device you wish to set up from this dropdown
- Button Styles:
- If the button style selected does not match your gamepad, choose the buttons that match your connected gamepad
This menu it navigated by touching the button line and then tapping the button on your controller until it displays BOUND
- If you accidentally bind a button incorrectly, you can tap it again and either select the Unbind button it or choose a different button to change it.
Required button bindings for the game to function on a gamepad
- One Axis, ie:
- Left Stick OR Right Stick OR D-Pad
- Four Face Buttons ie:
- A/B/X/Y OR Cross/Circle/Square/Triangle
- Two Shoulder Buttons, ie:
- LB/RB OR L1/R1
- Open Settings Button ie:
- Menu OR Options
- If you only set up the minimum, you will need to customise your controls as the pre-set controller bindings expect the full list of buttons bound.
- Fixed! Stick clicks for controllers on iOS are now supported!
- Fixed a crash when opening NPC Shops/Hairdresser/Reforge when inventory is full and coins cannot be split.
- Fixed! Modifiers are no longer lost when switching equipment from vanity slots
- Fixed! Staircases no longer display over top of floors
- Fixed! The small graphical glitch when changing the Graphics Quality to and from High and Low
- Fixed! The Sun/Moon can again be dragged on touch ☀
- Fixed! Dragging the Sun now makes the background to move left or right depending on sun's location
- Fixed! Signs and Tombstones no longer interfere with the multiplayer chat notifications or prevent chat from being opened
- Fixed! The Controller banner visibility setting from not being saved between sessions
- Fixed! PS4 V2 controllers connected to Android 8 and below should be working better.
- Fixed! Some items were displayed too big for the touch controls