Mobile Terraria 1.3.0.7.9 is Now Live: Fixes for Controller + Customization Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator

Terraria Mobile 1.3.0.7.9 (Build 390) Update Notes

This update primarily covers bug fixes from the Controller + Customization Update (1.3.0.7.8) as well as enhanced gamepad support.

PLEASE NOTE: It is not possible to support all controllers and there is a chance that your gamepad may not be supported, even after the update. If your controller isn’t able to connect or to have its buttons mapped after the update, please check your device setup and consult the manufacturer. Due to the sheer number of third party controllers we’re unable to provide a list of supported or unsupported devices.

NEW FEATURES

Added a new settings option in Controller called Setup Controller Hardware:

1587739742731.png

If your controller does not have bindings already setup in the game system, but is detected on your device and the game can see it, you should now be able bind the keys to enable you to play with your gamepad.
  • Tap on: Settings and open the Controller category.
  • Tap on: Setup Controller Hardware to open up the binding menu.
  • Controller:
    • If your device is detecting multiple controllers which are unsupported you can choose the device you wish to set up from this dropdown
  • Button Styles:
    • If the button style selected does not match your gamepad, choose the buttons that match your connected gamepad

1587739765579.png

This menu it navigated by touching the button line and then tapping the button on your controller until it displays BOUND
  • If you accidentally bind a button incorrectly, you can tap it again and either select the Unbind button it or choose a different button to change it.

1587739782842.png

Required button bindings for the game to function on a gamepad
  • One Axis, ie:
    • Left Stick OR Right Stick OR D-Pad
  • Four Face Buttons ie:
    • A/B/X/Y OR Cross/Circle/Square/Triangle
  • Two Shoulder Buttons, ie:
    • LB/RB OR L1/R1
  • Open Settings Button ie:
    • Menu OR Options

• If you only set up the minimum, you will need to customise your controls as the pre-set controller bindings expect the full list of buttons bound.
index.php

BUG FIXES

• Fixed! Stick clicks for controllers on iOS are now supported!
  • Fixed a crash when opening NPC Shops/Hairdresser/Reforge when inventory is full and coins cannot be split.
  • Fixed! Modifiers are no longer lost when switching equipment from vanity slots
  • Fixed! Staircases no longer display over top of floors
  • Fixed! The small graphical glitch when changing the Graphics Quality to and from High and Low
  • Fixed! The Sun/Moon can again be dragged on touch ☀🌔
  • Fixed! Dragging the Sun now makes the background to move left or right depending on sun's location
  • Fixed! Signs and Tombstones no longer interfere with the multiplayer chat notifications or prevent chat from being opened
  • Fixed! The Controller banner visibility setting from not being saved between sessions
  • Fixed! PS4 V2 controllers connected to Android 8 and below should be working better.
  • Fixed! Some items were displayed too big for the touch controls

The only thing I noticed while playing this version on my Chromebook was the bug fix for the sun. I really wish there would be a bit more customization support for keyboard and mouse, but I'm pleased with the update nonetheless and am excited for how the community will use this power. Still haven't been able to see the new option, however...

If you mean the old Demo-Purchased version, its hung up at Google currently... hang tight.
Yeah, that's the version I mean.

Is it that much more difficult to update the old legacy version compared to the main version? Mostly just asking out of curiosity. Feels odd that the main version gets updates near-instantly where the other version just falls behind.

Can you play with a keyboard on mouse on mobile with this new update ?
Yes, I can confirm. Pre-1.3.0.7.9 you were able too, however keyboard controls were a bit bugged. There were significant delays And you weren’t able to fly and move at the same time. This has been fixed in 1.3.0.7.9. Keyboard gameplay is now flawless. Regarding mouse support, I have never come across any issues. Now that the keyboard support is 100%, you can definitely play with keyboard & mouse successfully!

I'd like to know when terraria mobile will say that it will be updated at noon. Now its own noon thesaurus is too incomplete. If you are not an old player, you really can't understand what it is. I hope the official can solve it quickly. By the way, when will the function of replacing blocks come out (replacing the function of building blocks)

Cool, nice to see mobile players dragging the sun.
Haha i am almost in every one of them
Fortnite...............
Well i can kill time by playing it with friends tho and have some fun time, tho i don't play it much on my own few games its really meh, it used to be a lot better back in the days now the gameplay is kinda worse, some mythical weapons are too op and choppers are a great mobility but crashing into enemys are op, its a good game to play with friend but kinda bad on you'r own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom