Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

So in the most recent update the feature to backup worlds and characters was added. I have been waiting for this literally for years.

I play on Windows 10 Mobile. I launch my game and find out that there's no option to backup to the cloud, only local.

Not trying to be rude at all but backing up locally is almost completely useless to me. I want to be able to take my world to my next device, and be able to reset my device without losing my countless hours of progress and grinding.

Is the cloud save feature coming to W10M? Don't even care when, just want to know IF it's coming.

So in the most recent update the feature to backup worlds and characters was added. I have been waiting for this literally for years.

I play on Windows 10 Mobile. I launch my game and find out that there's no option to backup to the cloud, only local.

Not trying to be rude at all but backing up locally is almost completely useless to me. I want to be able to take my world to my next device, and be able to reset my device without losing my countless hours of progress and grinding.

Is the cloud save feature coming to W10M? Don't even care when, just want to know IF it's coming.
Hi Dennis, I'm not sure if Windows Phone will get the backup to cloud. Here is what 505 Games said back when iOS and Android (Google Play) got the extra save slots and backup feature:
Amazon and Windows Phone will be receiving this functionality (as much as possible - WP does not have a cloud save option currently) in the near future.

That's not to say that things can't change.

Hi Dennis, I'm not sure if Windows Phone will get the backup to cloud. Here is what 505 Games said back when iOS and Android (Google Play) got the extra save slots and backup feature:

That's not to say that things can't change.

Okay it doesn't look like an absolute "no". Which makes me happy but it's still a bit discouraging...

I know that I'm part of only 1% who plays on this platform but I'm still a paying customer you know...

Anyway thank you Unit One for the quick and informative response.

Last edited:
Their point being that WP literally didn't offer a cloud save option - ala iCloud - for them to use.

Has that changed?

Their point being that WP literally didn't offer a cloud save option - ala iCloud - for them to use.

Has that changed?

Did they literally say that?

This is not true, there are plenty of games on W10M that utilize cloud saving. I think it was a couple years ago that MS added some APIs for backing up games to OneDrive.

Last edited:
(This is the best thing I could find to report this.) Hey, does anybody else have a bug where the Lettuce will not summon the Hamster/Guinea Pig on mobile?

I am wondering when the 1.3 update is coming out, and most of the news that I have found is out dated. I have been waiting for 2 years and I know that you guys have Otherworld, PC, Console, switch etc. I have been preparing for this update for a long time and there has been 0 news that I know of from 2018. Please get back to me.

I am wondering when the 1.3 update is coming out, and most of the news that I have found is out dated. I have been waiting for 2 years and I know that you guys have Otherworld, PC, Console, switch etc. I have been preparing for this update for a long time and there has been 0 news that I know of from 2018. Please get back to me.
There isn't a release date for mobile yet. When there is more information to share, they will let everyone know.

i like to repeat what i replied in the last thread that i visited.

it seems like mobile and switch were left out in the darkness. give us some enlightenment. :sigh:

they also said that codeglue will release major bug fix before 1.3. i'm sad but happy, it's just were in the darkness for almost one year.​

it seems like mobile and switch were left out in the darkness. give us some enlightenment. :sigh:

they also said that codeglue will release major bug fix before 1.3. i'm sad but happy, it's just were in the darkness for almost one year.​
Pipeworks has been working toward a mobile/Switch 1.3 version for a while now, in parallel with the console development work.
https://mobile.twitter.com/pipeworks/status/980859092620029952

Codeglue has not been part of Terraria development for quite a while now. I don't know who 'they' are, but there was never a confirmed plan to have an interim patch for mobile that I am aware of.

Pipeworks has been working toward a mobile/Switch 1.3 version for a while now, in parallel with the console development work.
https://mobile.twitter.com/pipeworks/status/980859092620029952

Codeglue has not been part of Terraria development for quite a while now. I don't know who 'they' are, but there was never a confirmed plan to have an interim patch for mobile that I am aware of.

wow. i didn't know they tweeted about the mobile development. thanks for enlightening me. my excitement got back. ;(:D but did they not mention the codeglue fixing the current build for those people who'll not receive the 1.3 update? Anyways, thanks for the info.

I think you mean almost 3 years

it's just were in the darkness for almost one year.

I think you mean almost 3 years

Let's not blow things outta proportion. It's only been over a year, not close to three.

Aren't you all correct?

"Terraria 1.3
Release date
June 30, 2015"

It's been a year since they promised 1.3 for consoles, it's been nearly three since 1.3 came out on PC.
Under the assumption that the plan was always to put out the update for PC and then go to Consoles, then yes, it has been nearly three years. (Which should not always be assumed.)

Back
Top Bottom