Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

Couldn't tell you, the sync "just worked" (sorry) for me. When it comes to dev work I'm more familiar with Linux and Windows myself. Someone else might know more.

One small thing. My crash logs are one level deeper than the path you quoted, in .../MobileDevice/<my iOS device's name> . You've probably looked there but I'll mention it just in case. The files all have the form terraria_2015-04-21-123456_<my-iOS-device's-name>.crash , so maybe you could search for .crash files.

Ah, found it. My problem was that I was hitting the "Backup" button at the top center in iTunes. I should have been hitting the "Sync" button at the bottom right corner.

I love my iPhone, but man, do I ever hate iTunes. I only use it when I have to - like in this case.

Sending my crash log to 505 now....

I was getting ready to uninstall and reinstall (and unfortunately start over again) just to be able to play, but this makes me think that it will be fixed soon. Do we have any idea how long it might take to fix?

My son has an iPad mini with the crashing issue. I just synced his iPad and I can find the folder specified file is not there. The game allows me to select a character and then a world. The game goes through the load process and then cuts back to the apple home screen. If I double click on the home button the app is still running in the background. He can create a new character and play for a while until it happens again. He has deleted and restarted a few times. He has lost a lot of stuff. I tried restoring his character from a backup file. However iOS 8.3 will not allow me to view or add files into the documents folder of the app. Thanks for your help.

My son has an iPad mini with the crashing issue. I just synced his iPad and I can find the folder specified file is not there. The game allows me to select a character and then a world. The game goes through the load process and then cuts back to the apple home screen. If I double click on the home button the app is still running in the background. He can create a new character and play for a while until it happens again. He has deleted and restarted a few times. He has lost a lot of stuff. I tried restoring his character from a backup file. However iOS 8.3 will not allow me to view or add files into the documents folder of the app. Thanks for your help.
So uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work?

it allowed him to play for about 3 hours till it crashed again. He also had to start fresh with none of his previous gear. He has deleted the game and re-installed it twice.

it allowed him to play for about 3 hours till it crashed again. He also had to start fresh with none of his previous gear. He has deleted the game and re-installed it twice.

My son has the same problem.
He has lost 3 characters so far.
We have tried creating a cloud character but when we logged in from another device it wouldn't show up.
My other son has an older iPad mini which runs fine and my nexus 7 does crash but doesn't corrupt.
The corruption is happening on the iPad mini 2

My son has the same problem.
He has lost 3 characters so far.
We have tried creating a cloud character but when we logged in from another device it wouldn't show up.
My other son has an older iPad mini which runs fine and my nexus 7 does crash but doesn't corrupt.
The corruption is happening on the iPad mini 2
Is the older iPad running the latest iOS (8.3)?

Hi, i've been looking for the terraria's last crash log in my ipad and it doesn' show as a crash, i've already read all the crash list. I'm using ipad mini 2 ios 8.3 (which also has the "play" bug, although the first time I opened the game after update I could play it normally after that i couldn't play anymore)

-_-
People cannot play the game at all... as in it won't load.
take your :red:ery somewhere else.
No need to be rude and id agree controlls would be nice if u upgraded them added the sethome buttons (my friends wish for this alot) and an insta buff button somewhere like pc

I probably won't be much help sadly, as I cause the game to crash by closing and reopening it XD Unless that's what you're looking for.

For some reason, when I first got the update, it crashed a ton. After I re-opened it a few times, it never crashed again... Well, it might soon.

505 what if we have no pc huh just FIX THE BUG IN A UPDATE
pretty sure they are working on the issue. and the instructions were to get crash logs from productive members of the community to help narrow down the problem. please keep comments productive. good day sir or madam

Last edited:
iPad Air 2, 8.3 - Can launch game but crashes everytime I try to load my saved worlds and every time I try to create a new world.

So far I've just been told it's corrupt and to delete everything/reinstall.

WTF is that about?

iPad Air 2, 8.3 - Can launch game but crashes everytime I try to load my saved worlds and every time I try to create a new world.

So far I've just been told it's corrupt and to delete everything/reinstall.

WTF is that about?

I have no idea. I'm sure they're working on a fix. I'd wait to for official word before you delete everything and reinstall

Back
Top Bottom