Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

Hey.
I am a LONG time terraria user, and I believe it's one of the best games out there. So when the new update downloaded today, I had a mini party in my mind. I booted up terraria (IPhone 5c, latest iOS) which had a QA at the end for some reason, and waited for the logos.
As soon as I could press play, I selected my character, I went into my main world. Sadly, however, my game crashed on the spot. So, I tried again and had the same result. Frustrated, I created a new character and tried to join my world again. No luck. So I tried a NEW world and a NEW character but had the SAME outcome. It will probably be fixed in the next patch. Until then, peace.
I'm having the same problem could you please fix. I really want to play but that is happening.

There's a lot of discussion about the mobile update on newer threads, you all should check them out. Some of the issues you are bringing up here are being addressed. I don't mean to cut this thread off, but your issues might get lost here.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mobile-1-2-4-live-in-the-next-24-48-hrs.37463/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-and-mobile-updates-eta.37123/

In particular, please see this:
Hi all,

I'm sure Loki and the others have mentioned this, but we've been working closely with the Re-Logic crew to identify, reproduce, and fix issues as they come up. We'll keep posting as we get updated information, so thanks for your patience while we get everything sorted. I did want to send a personal thanks to everyone who has sent in their reports, especially the ones with detailed repro steps, which are ALWAYS appreciated... and recommended! :)

In any case, here's an initial list of where we're at and what's coming (if your report isn't on here, don't worry -- between us, Re-Logic, and Codeglue, we're seeing everything!):
  • iOS: Installed game has "-QA” after it - This is fixed and will be in the next patch, but we assure our players that this is the actual release version. Just a naming error that was not caught before it was propped on the store.
  • Android Try & Buy/Repurchase issue - This is an issue with the billing code that we are addressing. If you have local saves, PLEASE DON'T DELETE your app! Like all mobile versions of Terraria, if you delete your app, you'll lose your local saves too. If you have cloud saves only, you'll be OK.
  • Slimes don't drop gel - This is fixed and will be in the next patch.
  • Windows Phone not working - We are still investigating this, and hope to have an update soon. We have been unable to reproduce this in our QA lab thus far.
  • Crafting menu doesn't scroll - We cannot reproduce this internally.
  • No spider armor - This is fixed and will be in the next patch.
  • Truffle worms not spawning - This is also fixed and will be in the next patch.
Edit: Added some clarify, fixed some things!

I'm personally trying to help debug the second issue (the in-app purchase thing), since I have the same issue. The important point is DON'T DELETE the app, or re-purchase it!

We (staff, Re-Logic, 505Games, Codeglue) are actively working to resolve all issues on all versions/platforms.

There's a lot of discussion about the mobile update on newer threads, you all should check them out. Some of the issues you are bringing up here are being addressed. I don't mean to cut this thread off, but your issues might get lost here.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mobile-1-2-4-live-in-the-next-24-48-hrs.37463/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-and-mobile-updates-eta.37123/

I'm personally trying to help debug the second issue (the in-app purchase thing), since I have the same issue. The important point is DON'T DELETE the app, or re-purchase it!

We (staff, Re-Logic, 505Games, Codeglue) are actively working to resolve all issues on all versions/platforms.

I purchased the app again and found this site after searching for a fix to my problem. Ive lost my previous profile after the update. Do you think there will be a way for me to recover my old account or am I stuck with having to start over

On the most recent update 505 games has botched mobile pretty bad. people have lost their purchased game. My guess is it installed a new client and now it says we have to purchase it again (Torches and pitchforks are coming out damaging the brand on mobile right now) We need this fixed asap. I bought the game shortly after it came to mobile (I love it on PC and have had for years).

I tried resyncing and reinstalling to no avail. and apparently the feedback about contacting the support email is not producing any results either.

Must be fixed! people have lost a lot of their progress etc.

On the most recent update 505 games has botched mobile pretty bad. people have lost their purchased game. My guess is it installed a new client and now it says we have to purchase it again (Torches and pitchforks are coming out damaging the brand on mobile right now) We need this fixed asap. I bought the game shortly after it came to mobile (I love it on PC and have had for years).

I tried resyncing and reinstalling to no avail. and apparently the feedback about contacting the support email is not producing any results either.

Must be fixed! people have lost a lot of their progress etc.
We're aware, and working to get it fixed. It's possible that it is an issue with the PlayStore too.

We advise everyone with this issue (which includes me): DO NOT UNINSTALL YOUR APP, AND DO NOT RE-PURCHASE. If you uninstall your app, your world/character data on your device will be removed as well.

Above all, please go to the 505Games Support site (link in my signature) and file a support ticket.

We're aware, and working to get it fixed. It's possible that it is an issue with the PlayStore too.

We advise everyone with this issue (which includes me): DO NOT UNINSTALL YOUR APP, AND DO NOT RE-PURCHASE. If you uninstall your app, your world/character data on your device will be removed as well.

Above all, please go to the 505Games Support site (link in my signature) and file a support ticket.

I already purchased the app again but I didn't uninstall it. I did also open a support ticket with 505

Does anybody know when we are going to have a patch for mobile? There are tons of bugs that need to be worked out, personally I can't even load up my world. I'm just curious on when there would be a possible patch update, particularly for IOS?

Does anybody know when we are going to have a patch for mobile? There are tons of bugs that need to be worked out, personally I can't even load up my world. I'm just curious on when there would be a possible patch update, particularly for IOS?
When we know something about a patch/hotfix, we will relay that news immediately. Right now, we don't know anything more than you do.

I would hope that it would come this week (my devices are waiting, too.)

What about losing icloud save due the new update?It will be restored in the new patch?Thx...

As Tunnel King said, there will probably be a patch this week soon, regardless, there will be a patch soon.

Well, it's sad about the buildings of yours (mine are okay because I don't really trust cloud storage) but getting full powered up is not even hard. You can literally do it in a week... or a few minutes if you're Yrimir.

And I just beat Fishron.....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 272
SO WTF AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW!!!!!! My world has nothing ON IT, ITS EMPTY!!!! ALL THERE IS IS WALLS!!!!! I A, NOT STARTING MY GAME OVER IT TOOK ME OVER A YEAR OF GAMEPLAY TO GET MY STUFF!!!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1450103103,1450103077][/DOUBLEPOST]My world is ruined, there is nothing on it, thnx a lot guys

Back
Top Bottom