Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

Terrarians, we have identified the issue preventing characters and worlds from loading. The issue stems from the way save files are written and read following a change to support 64-bit architecture on newer iOS devices. We are working around the clock on a solution and will let you know as soon as an updated version of the game has been submitted to Apple for release. In the meantime, please DO NOT delete your game or saved files. While we are confident we will be able to make save files readable again, there is a chance some items stored in piggy banks or safes may be lost due to file corruption. As a token of our sincere apology, we will be giving all players a gift to help make up for progress and time lost in the game. In the meantime, if you have any questions about these or other issues pertaining to the game, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you again for your understanding and continued commitment and passion for Terraria

The original post in this thread has been update as well!

Yay! I love stopping bugs. Not that I'm really encountering any. Well, it's still good you're fixing them.

Thank goodness! My main world wasn't loading, and every time I wanted to make a new one, it crashed o

And then when I tried to enter a new character, it crashed over and over again ;_;

Terrarians, we have identified the issue preventing characters and worlds from loading. The issue stems from the way save files are written and read following a change to support 64-bit architecture on newer iOS devices. We are working around the clock on a solution and will let you know as soon as an updated version of the game has been submitted to Apple for release. In the meantime, please DO NOT delete your game or saved files. While we are confident we will be able to make save files readable again, there is a chance some items stored in piggy banks or safes may be lost due to file corruption. As a token of our sincere apology, we will be giving all players a gift to help make up for progress and time lost in the game. In the meantime, if you have any questions about these or other issues pertaining to the game, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you again for your understanding and continued commitment and passion for Terraria

The original post in this thread has been update as well!
What about all our chests? Did we lose it also?

Does this message only apply to iOS users? I recall similar problems being reported for the last Android Google Play release, 1.2.7899.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, 505Games. If Septima ends up losing a Piggy Bank's worth of jungle loot, so be it. If the character file is corrupted I'll put her inventory and equipment in a chest, delete the character, make another just like it, then retrieve the goods.

For what it's worth, I've not experienced the crash-on-load bug others are reporting. I'm able to play on iOS as long as I rely solely on my character's inventory slots and world-based storage items.

Thanks for the update, 505Games. If Septima ends up losing a Piggy Bank's worth of jungle loot, so be it. If the character file is corrupted I'll put her inventory and equipment in a chest, delete the character, make another just like it, then retrieve the goods.

For what it's worth, I've not experienced the crash-on-load bug others are reporting. I'm able to play on iOS as long as I rely solely on my character's inventory slots and world-based storage items.

I was just about to write the same, but only being able to play a newly created character and only for a few minutes... And now, thought I should check a quick thing in inventory and... Omg! I'm now in the state where Terraria crashes when hitting Play... Ahhh!
~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:

//daniel-san

Last edited:

I didn't have a problem until I tried to get into my piggy bank multiple times (it crashed every time I tried to open it) and after one too many tries, the game stopped working at all

Omg! I'm now in the state where Terraria crashes when hitting Play... Ahhh!
Oh, no! Sympathy to you. If it happens to me I'll gladly accept same.

I didn't have a problem until I tried to get into my piggy bank multiple times (it crashed every time I tried to open it) and after one too many tries, the game stopped working at all
Well, crud. I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced the Bank Crash Bug. Sorry I'm not the only one, but if you've sent crash logs in that will doubtless help the devs to track down the source of the problem.

Here's hoping both these bugs will be squashed soon.

Back
Top Bottom