Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

TCF Staff Edit: Moved this to the front page so that all Mobile Terrarians can see what is going on - PLEASE take the time to read the note (especially the part in red). Looks like fixes are on the way! :)

-----

UPDATE, April 28

Terrarians, we have identified the issue preventing characters and worlds from loading. The issue stems from the way save files are written and read following a change to support 64-bit architecture on newer iOS devices. We are working around the clock on a solution and will let you know as soon as an updated version of the game has been submitted to Apple for release. In the meantime, please DO NOT delete your game or saved files. While we are confident we will be able to make save files readable again, there is a chance some items stored in piggy banks or safes may be lost due to file corruption. As a token of our sincere apology, we will be giving all players a gift to help make up for progress and time lost in the game. In the meantime, if you have any questions about these or other issues pertaining to the game, please email us at [email protected]. Thank you again for your understanding and continued commitment and passion for Terraria.

--------------------Original Post--------------------​

Terrarians, thank you for notifying us via the forums, Twitter, Facebook, and email about the issues you have experienced following the release of the iOS Easter update. We are working as fast as possible to reproduce and fix the issues that have led to the reported crashes, as well as characters, worlds, and items becoming inaccessible. If you have experienced these or other issues since downloading iOS version 1.2.7901, please email us immediately at [email protected] with details of the issue(s) and list your device type and OS version. If possible, please also copy and paste a crash log from your device. To retrieve a crash log, please follow the steps listed below. We understand how frustrating technical issues can be and we apologize. Thank you for your understanding and continued commitment and passion for Terraria.

Mac users
1. Plug in your device and Sync with iTunes
(Crash logs are transferred to iTunes whenever you sync your device to it.)

2. Open Finder (found in the Dock)

3. Click on the 'Go' menu at the top of your screen, and select 'Go to Folder'

4. Type (or paste): ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/

5. Open the folder with the same 'name' as your device. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices').

6. You will see at least one item starting with 'Terraria'. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.

7. Attach the file(s) to your reply or send them to [email protected].

Windows Vista/7 users

2. Open any Windows Explorer Window (My Computer, My Documents, etc.)

3. Enter %appdata% and press enter

4. Navigate to Roaming > Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > *Device Name*. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices')

5. You will see at least one item starting with 'Terraria'. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.

6. Attach the file(s) to your reply or send them to [email protected].

Windows XP Users

2. Locate your Application Data folder. To see instructions on how to find this folder, click here: eHow: How to access the Application Data Folder

3. Navigate to Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > *Device Name*. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices')

4. You will see at least one item starting with 'Terraria'. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.

5. Attach the file(s) to your reply or send them to [email protected].
Thanks guys for the hard work on fixing this! Hope it gets resolved quickly!

It'd be nice if the gift was access to the dev console for a few days. It'd be on the honor system but we could add back any items that were lost!

Wish this game would get fixed played all last night then a little bit this morning then out of No where bam crashes and this is the third character And I can't do anything now and I'm Jonesin now cuz I got a bunch of really good stuff last night and morning

The gift is a really great gesture on their part, but honestly I just want to get back to playing! Seriously, what am I supposed to do this weekend, go out and be a productive and/or social member of society? Pfft

Wooooo i think i was the first one to post a thread about this. I posted it day 1 when it happened. Heaps of people commented.

505 will not be handing out 1.3 beta access. That's not how Re-Logic does beta. ;)

Who knows what it will be....though an all item map would likely just ruin the game, so I kinda hope it isn't that.

Back
Top Bottom