Official Mobile Terraria: Critical Fixes & Updates Thread

How about you check my previous posts before replying. There is a search function. And crash logs? Really? Android can only submit crash logs to google itself, and Terraria does not generate any anyway.

I am indeed implying that codeglue sucks at bug fixes. I wish re-logic would have picked a different developer for the mobile version.

How about you check my previous posts before replying. There is a search function. And crash logs? Really? Android can only submit crash logs to google itself, and Terraria does not generate any anyway.

I am indeed implying that codeglue sucks at bug fixes. I wish re-logic would have picked a different developer for the mobile version.

I'm not seeing this crash report. I see a lot of other things.

Look, you can curse the darkness, or you can light candles. Personally, I'm focused forward - and have been during this entire recent push - on getting things fixed ASAP and then placing systems in place to enhance the prevention of future issues. I am trying to help here - polluting this thread with non-constructive negativity is the opposite of helpful.

Just food for thought. I am not interested in turning this thread into a debate on CG or similar - nor will it be .

Thanks.

I am well aware of all of the functionality of this forum, thanks. ;)

Thanks, and I appreciate your composure. Believe me I am happy about the "recent push" but the trend has been to ignore mobile users. PC gets support from the actual devs of the game. We get no answers from the porting devs... ever. 505 is a publisher/middleman, and most people don't have positive things to say about most publishers. I'm frustrated because of all the time I have spent trying to figure out why it crashes (running logcats, testing worlds/items, different android devices) and getting no solid reply from anyone other than "yeah we'll look into it"

I couldn't find any of my posts after all. I did send a personal message to 505games with the crash info. Countless emails/bug reports to 505 games using the web reporting tool also. The forum is a great place for bug reporting and I hope it gets used now. In the past it was just a black hole of questions with no answers.

One last thing... do you work for re-logic directly?

I'm not seeing this crash report. I see a lot of other things.

Look, you can curse the darkness, or you can light candles. Personally, I'm focused forward - and have been during this entire recent push - on getting things fixed ASAP and then placing systems in place to enhance the prevention of future issues. I am trying to help here - polluting this thread with non-constructive negativity is the opposite of helpful.

Just food for thought. I am not interested in turning this thread into a debate on CG or similar - nor will it be .

Thanks.

I am well aware of all of the functionality of this forum, thanks. ;)

Last edited:
I haven't even played it the most i've seen some one play and seeing some one climb with the climbing claws is painful
Using Climbing Claws/Shoe Spikes on mobile is actually easy. Just move your thumb like your character is supposed to move while walljumping.

One last thing... do you work for re-logic directly?

Yes I work directly for Re-Logic. :)

Thanks, and I appreciate your composure. Believe me I am happy about the "recent push" but the trend has been to ignore mobile users. PC gets support from the actual devs of the game. We get no answers from the porting devs... ever. 505 is a publisher/middleman, and most people don't have positive things to say about most publishers. I'm frustrated because of all the time I have spent trying to figure out why it crashes (running logcats, testing worlds/items, different android devices) and getting no solid reply from anyone other than "yeah we'll look into it"

One of my current projects is to collaborate closely with 505/Engine/CodeGlue to utilize our collective resources to raise the game across the board - technically and community/CS side. I will say unequivocally that they have met this with openness and professionalism - and an urgency/drive that I think will result in noticeable difference moving ahead. More on that to come, hopefully, but I'm positive that we are already seeing the fruits of their hard work and focus in this regard.

I couldn't find any of my posts after all. I did send a personal message to 505games with the crash info. Countless emails/bug reports to 505 games using the web reporting tool also. The forum is a great place for bug reporting and I hope it gets used now. In the past it was just a black hole of questions with no answers.

That is one reason that I added all of that functionality yesterday - to bring the needs of the QA/Dev side in alignment with what is provided forum-side. I would encourage you to provide that same info again in a post there. This will allow the devs and QA folks to directly see it - I promise you they are here, and they are looking. Information is critical in this process, as you know.

Cheers!

Souls if night are now dropping. I can now grind away. :cool: The game is running pretty good. The only thing I'm experiencing negative is that when I leave the crafting menu and go to a chest I can see the last item I looked at from crafting in the chest menu. An overlay of sorts. Not game breaking just annoying. I'm using the iphone 4s.

found a bug. not sure if this is the place for that though. had a half block beneath a slope on a one block platform. ran at it and went half way through the platform. then went slowly back up. also holding A kept me in the blocks.
2015-05-05_00002.jpg
2015-05-05_00001.jpg

Yeah, I was looking at the OP and one was for Android, but Amazon has its own market so it doesn't necessarily mean its on the Amazon store too.

Do the iOS developers ever read this page? If so - I need to report a MAJOR bug that has existed since I started playing a month ago and STILL exists, even after the most recent "free gift" update. If not - can someone direct me to the appropriate place? (I am new here)

I am experiencing a MAJOR problem with syncing worlds between iOS devices (iPhone & iPad). My cloud character and inventory seem to be synced and saved just fine, but the cloud world itself does not sync properly at all. I noticed shortly after I begun playing that the iPad cloud world was always "ahead" of the iPhone world, i.e. game progression, buildings, etc...it's as if the iPhone cloud world simply "stopped" syncing after a certain point. And today I go to play on my iPad only to find that it has basically synced up with the outdated iPhone version. Great. At this point, I want to stop playing and get a full refund. Unless someone can fix this or at the very least get my old save back, this game simply is not worth playing.

I am no computer scientist, but I do know that something such as cloud syncing is so elementary and basic, that it astounds me that 505 STILL has not figured this out yet. Pretty embarrassing for you guys, really. And you are bound to lose a lot of customers if you can't figure this out soon...

Where is the update for android? I just want to play terraria but i cant cuz it keeps on freezing and a whole other variety of stuff.

Guys - if you are reporting bugs, please use the mobile bug reporting section linked in the OP. That gives the QA and dev teams ONE place to look that has all of the necessary info. :)

So the posts above, please resubmit with the required info there. Yes, they are here and yes they do read.

Today's fix was for iOS crashes.

The Android fix is still pending (soon hopefully), and addresses the keyboard bug.

Please keep reporting the critical bugs (bugs that make the game unplayable and/or cause data loss - in a repeatable manner...one off crashes are a way of life in gaming unfortunately), and the team will keep working diligently to pick them off until we squash them all from existence. :)

He keeps saying that over and over again- just listen for once! If you read the title of this page it was for iOS only. Take your android issues to the page Loki has been telling you.

He keeps saying that over and over again- just listen for once! If you read the title of this page it was for iOS only. Take your android issues to the page Loki has been telling you.

Technically, this thread has been repurposed to cover what we are terming "critical" bugfixes - across all of Mobile Terraria. It is true that this was once an iOS focused thread though - sorry for the confusion!

The goal is for you guys to post these in the bug reports section, the team gets the info they need with the new fields (and maybe some questions), critical bugs are found along with solutions, and then this thread (including the OP) will be updated with planned or live fixes as they come. The iOS vs android icons help you keep track of what is what. :)

Please don't. This thread needs to be kept focused on the critical path mobile fixes.

That isn't to say console isn't important and cannot be addressed in parallel - just not in this thread. Thanks! :)

Make your report in the bug section for console for now.

(I do plan to look into the console bug section soon too - don't worry)

Why? In this thread we focus on the iOS version's bugs because this thread was started by 505Games to discuss bugs in the iOS version. Says so right up there in the thread title, and the first post in the thread.

There's a whole forum for reporting and discussing bugs in all mobile versions.
Sorry I dont know

Back
Top Bottom